Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The original live action DBZ movie
#1
In 1989 a Chinese live action adaption of Dragon Ball was made. It's awesome. Awwweesommeeee!

(Just a 7 minute highlight package, if you REALLY want to see the whole thing most of its parts are in the related section of the page.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8urmVy_7ng

Roshi might be the greatest performance ever filmed in the history of cinema.
[Image: Namek_Child.jpg]
Reply
#2
I saw that at a movie store a few years ago. Looks exactly like the box art implied, thank God I didn't waste money on it.
[Image: rsz_jqvaz_1.jpg]
Reply
#3
No thanks.
Reply
#4
Bullshit. That actually WAS pretty awesome. I mean, 1989 had some pretty bad quality American movies as well, so this is not all that different from most of the old Jackie Chan movies from that time in terms of production quality, and its very similar in humor to the original Dragonball. Yamcha and Oolong were pretty cool, Roshi was the SHIT, and Bulma was pretty awesome as well.

Honestly, this movie is probably better than the one that is being worked on for America right now, imo. Goku was pretty dead on with his age plus his humor style, so I mean... Yeah, it really wasn't that bad. Its obviously not super sleek etc, but I'd actually watch this.

EDIT: ROSHI WAS THE MAN.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply
#5
That was hilarious.
Reply
#6
"Rapists!"

lol, how'd that make it into the movie...
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)