Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The powerups shall be mine!
#1
That's amazing.
[Image: RadOct.jpg]
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Reply
#2
Quote:Originally posted by Raditzu
That's amazing.
[Image: reijinchefsig.jpg]

"I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"
Reply
#3
Quote:Originally posted by Hercule
Find a way to make them hover perfectly still in mid air and I'll do it

Since you're the one who cares, why don't you come up with a way, eh?
[Image: RadOct.jpg]
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Reply
#4
Quote:Originally posted by Monster Carrot
Quote:Originally posted by Hercule
Find a way to make them hover perfectly still in mid air and I'll do it

Magnets.

Dude...traversing the polarity of magnets will make anything hover. >.>
[Image: visigjune08_v2.jpg]

Fuck you, Photobucket.
Reply
#5
Quote:Originally posted by Hercule
Find a way to make them hover perfectly still in mid air and I'll do it
Impossible according to the known laws of physics.
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]
Reply
#6
Also, the fact that absolute zero is impossible to achieve (having zero energy? Pah) and quantum uncertainty, which means anywhere in the Universe in any frame of reference (Lorentz invariance) it is impossible.
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]
Reply
#7
I said according to known physics. ^_^

Second, what?

Heat is a form of energy and is the motion of particles, and zero energy and absolute zero are not possible, thus something cannot be absolutely still.

Oh, and you cannot say something has zero momentum, according to Heisenberg's uncertainty principle; and besides, the greater you know the momentum, the less you know the position and you cannot even know if it is still if it is smeared out!
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]
Reply
#8
It's shown to be so, and they've also demonstrated it for molecules that have a fair amount of atoms as I've heard.

Also, quantum uncertainty says that you can't say that all of the particle's motion 'cancels' each outsince it is random motion.
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]
Reply
#9
No. Because with the uncertainty means that one could be going due north and due north-east. I remember that, but that is the macroscopic world and is itself relying on probabilities. The microscopic world does not follow 'common sense' as far as we know. Remember, though, these are theories; they ahev, however, been tested many times and have comeout with positive results.

Quote:Originally posted by Hercule
P.S. How the hell do you remember all these principles and theories and by name no less?!? You have a Ph.D or something
How do people remember all of the hockey players and all that schtuff for the NHL? I read a lot of books on the subject and I still have much to learn (let alone the math! My school has barely touched on any of the stuff).
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]
Reply
#10
It's not possible. Look up Heisenberg's uncertainty principle. The effect can be quite negligible in the macroscopic world (usually), but it still technically impossible.
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]
Reply
#11
Quote:Originally posted by Hercule
The Copenhagen interpretation holds that it cannot be predicted by any method, not even with theoretically infinitely precise measurements.

You look at that and say therefore even an infinitely abstract possibility of a path in which every particle will cancel out an equal and opposite particle is impossible. Basically saying that the possibilities excede infinity because the particles do not obey normal physics.

I'm saying that even if it cannot be predicted, even if you could not measure it, its still possible for it to happen. You just would never know if it did
The Copenhagen is one interpretation of quantum mechanics that is shown to have some fallacies, but its assertion that "it cannot be predicted by any method, not even with theoretically infinitely precise measurement [apparatus]" is because even the particle doe snot know wher eit is and it is in multiple places at once, chosen randomly. You could pop up on the other side of the universe, but the probability of that happening is probably 10^75.

Also, I do not get what you are asking or saying in the post after this, it makes no sense to me. o.O
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]
Reply
#12
If I ever have problems getting to sleep, I'm reading the last 10 posts of this thread again.
[Image: RadOct.jpg]
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Reply
#13
Physics > you.
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]
Reply
#14
No, boring physics "arguments" > me
[Image: RadOct.jpg]
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Reply
#15
Neils Bohr would so slap you if he was still alive.
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]
Reply
#16
Pfft... the Nobel Prize is overrated.
[Image: RadOct.jpg]
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Reply
#17
He received that thing about 65 years before you were even born, fool!
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]
Reply
#18
Quote:Originally posted by Raditzu
If I ever have problems getting to sleep, I'm reading the last 10 posts of this thread again.

I was reading through that thinking the same exact thing O.o

Actually though, some of that was fairly interesting.

On the same end, I'm one of those people that can nearly list off every detail about every Magic card printed since the beginning. That's quite a lot. There is very few things I've found in there that I am not familiar with, although it does happen (frequently, in my opinion)
[Image: reijinchefsig.jpg]

"I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"
Reply
#19
Quote:Originally posted by Reijin
Quote:Originally posted by Raditzu
If I ever have problems getting to sleep, I'm reading the last 10 posts of this thread again.
Actually though, some of that was fairly interesting.
Let me assimilate you into my world, Rei.
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]
Reply
#20
Also, the Pauli exclusion principle syas that no two fermions can occupy the same state, which can reduce your chances there, bucko, 'specially considering ordinary matter (what we and most other htings are composed of) is about one-third fermions.
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)