05-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Anyone else commit a nice act that came back and bit you in the ass? Heres one of mine...
A few months ago it rained for like two days straight and the town where I used to live has shitty drainage pipes on it's main streets, anyway I had went to get my neice some diapers and wipes when this old man was standing at the exit of the store soaking wet with several bags in each hand.
Looking wearily into my eyes he asked was I going in the direction of a local apartment complex. Sighing heavily I said I could drop him off...big mistake. The water was so high it stalled my engine and stranded us both a few feet from his apartment.
I had to push my car into the parking place and call my friend to pick me up, then I had to walk back to the store to wait for my ride. The day after I find my car has been towed because I didn't have a sticker that allowed my car to be on the apartment complex's property.
On top of that I had to pay a guy to fix my engine(540 bucks plus towing which was about 80 bucks.).
Yea...I promised myself I'd never give rides to old people ever again.
A few months ago it rained for like two days straight and the town where I used to live has shitty drainage pipes on it's main streets, anyway I had went to get my neice some diapers and wipes when this old man was standing at the exit of the store soaking wet with several bags in each hand.
Looking wearily into my eyes he asked was I going in the direction of a local apartment complex. Sighing heavily I said I could drop him off...big mistake. The water was so high it stalled my engine and stranded us both a few feet from his apartment.
I had to push my car into the parking place and call my friend to pick me up, then I had to walk back to the store to wait for my ride. The day after I find my car has been towed because I didn't have a sticker that allowed my car to be on the apartment complex's property.
On top of that I had to pay a guy to fix my engine(540 bucks plus towing which was about 80 bucks.).
Yea...I promised myself I'd never give rides to old people ever again.

