Posts: 0
Threads: 94
Joined: Mar 2006
I originally posted a few ideas in my Alliance and got some in return. After careful thought, I've narrowed it down to these two.
Riposte: Encasing his body in a thin layer of white ki, this technique is extremely draining to Blue. Even so, its advantage is that every unarmed attack that hits him will do the same damage back to his opponent. It also increases the damage from his punches and kicks slightly.
Ki Mines: Blue creates small Ki disks and throws them across the battle field. They begin to stick to stuff and/or hover in midair. One of three things will set these babies off. 1. Somebody steps on them or gets too close. 2. Blue forces them to explode. 3. Blue dies or passes out and they immediately go off.
By no means is this a full-description of the moves, and the details are subject to change. Anyway, back to the point. What do you, the people, think I should pick? Do you have a better move? Keep in mind that I prefer military-themed moves that don't necessarily have to be attacks. Thanks in advance.
Posts: 19
Threads: 414
Joined: Jul 2004
Use Riposte. It's clever.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=So wake me when it's through
I don't want to feel the things that you do
Don't worry, I'll be fine
I just don't want this dream, wake me up inside=_
Posts: 6
Threads: 76
Joined: Aug 2005
Quote:Originally posted by Bardock
Use Riposte. It's clever.
And pretty original.
Reminds me of Diablo II, Thorns Aura ftw!
Posts: 80
Threads: 680
Joined: Dec 2002
Quote:Originally posted by Bardock
Use Riposte. It's clever.
And about this | | far from not being approved. If you take it, don't god-mode it.
"It's on my brain, driving me insane. It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine."
Posts: 63
Threads: 218
Joined: Jan 2005
I would go with Ki Mine. It gives you a stealth option in RPs. Instead of always having a direct confrontation...what could be better then planting a field of Ki Mines and blow someone away before they see you.
I think there are like three or four people with differnt 'Ki Mine' interpretations...
Dante's Abyss 2007 Runner-Up
Posts: 19
Threads: 414
Joined: Jul 2004
One of them being my 'Scatterburst.'
Riposte can be made to be weaker, as an attack stronger than his ki could break it or something like that, or that it only lasts for so long. I like the idea of it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=So wake me when it's through
I don't want to feel the things that you do
Don't worry, I'll be fine
I just don't want this dream, wake me up inside=_
Posts: 0
Threads: 94
Joined: Mar 2006
Riposte: Encasing his body in a thin layer of white ki, this technique is extremely draining to Blue. Even so, its advantage is that every unarmed attack that hits him will cause a small explosion that damages his opponent in the same way as a ki blast. It also increases the damage from his punches and kicks slightly.
That should be a little weaker.
Posts: 61
Threads: 398
Joined: Oct 2005
I think you should just keep the original Riposte and remove the 'increases the damage from his punches and kicks' bit. Or you could make it a temporary 'burst' thing where his body is momentarily surrounded by the aura which you can use to break close range melee fights (instead of it lasting the whole fight). Another way to make it more feasible is to have a constant, small drain on his energy to maintain.
The idea itself is pretty clever.
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Posts: 0
Threads: 94
Joined: Mar 2006
Quote:Originally posted by Blue
Riposte: Encasing his body in a thin layer of white ki, this technique is extremely draining to Blue. Even so, its advantage is that every unarmed attack that hits him will do the same damage back to his opponent. It also increases the damage from his punches and kicks slightly.
That's the original, which had the constant drain. Wasn't even a small drain. I could take out the increased damage part... I might just. I dunno. Any suggestions from staff on how to better it?
Posts: 0
Threads: 94
Joined: Mar 2006
72 hr bump to see if I can get any suggestions on how to tweak this move to make it more Chubbs-friendly.
Posts: 6
Threads: 76
Joined: Aug 2005
Maybe keep the additional damage part, but have it slow him a bit or something?
Posts: 0
Threads: 94
Joined: Mar 2006
I'd rather not as I plan to use it in conjunction with my speed-increasing move. However, if I read Rad's post correctly, the move should be ok. As long as I don't god-mode it.