Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Tortuli's Tales (a poem)
#1
A poem I wrote awhile ago. It's nonsensical, but I like it. Enjoy!
-----------------

Tortuli's Tales

Smuckerel, Dackerel, Flanbipity furr!
Bring forth the gold, frankincense, myrrh
For Tortuli, jester extraordinaire-
Joker of plenty, beyond compare!
Today he comes forth to fair land Dinn
To joke about all things without and within!

?Lean back, dear ladies, and hear my tale
Of forbidden love, doomed to fail.
In mockery do you all delight
So harvest now this poor man?s plight!
It began on December, Twenty-Three
When I thought I?d get a lady for me.

?So I searched for one, all over the land,
But none were found close-at-hand.
Forgot, I did, and let my quest die,
And shunned all search, low to high.
When then I stumbled on not one, but two!
One sweet as sugar, one as a jewel.
Happy was I, far more than before,
For I had now acquired so much more!

?But cursed was I, and torn betwixt,
My original happiness was fully transfixed.
Closeness to one brought guilt from another,
Until finally my heart lay in the gutter.
Still I vainly tried to keep both of them,
One a sweetener, the other a gem.
The final result brought gradual renewal,
But confirmed my sitting as a fool.?

The crowd was struck, asking Tortuli for more,
Asking: ?To which of them was your heart tore??
Tortuli answered with a jump and a wink
?They hate my stinkin? guts, I think.?
[Image: heydudezew6.png]
Reply
#2
Hmmm?
[Image: heydudezew6.png]
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)