Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Ehrm?
#1
I know there's a couple viruses out there that come in the form of a weird email... I signed onto my account and a piece of mail reading "love" sent by sgdrvs@cias.com or something along those lines. I didn't open it, just straight deleted it. Got curious about it and was wondering if anyone had a list of mailers and messages that shouldn't be opened for one virus or another... I just paranoid. o.O Plus it'd be a good thing to keep in mind for future use.
Reply
#2
Its simple. Delete any unknow or weird e-mails. Some viruses use emails from your list to represent themselves with that e-mail and thus try to sneak into your system. If its a really weird message with a link or attachment, either delete it or ask the person if it sent it.
[Image: amadeus-2.jpg]
Reply
#3
I didn't even bother to open it, so I don't know what I deleted. =/
Reply
#4
Quote:Originally posted by Son Goten
I didn't even bother to open it, so I don't know what I deleted. =/

Doesn`t matter. Delete unknown e-mails in any case.
[Image: amadeus-2.jpg]
Reply
#5
Email is old. IM rocks my damn socks. ^_^ *deletes all email*
[Image: visigjune08_v2.jpg]

Fuck you, Photobucket.
Reply
#6
What email do you use? I'm on gmail and I've never gotten that kind of thing. Most of my inbox is spam-free. Though, I'm pretty secretive with my 'true' email account.
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Reply
#7
I got so many damn emails...my vtgforever at yahoo dot com one is like spam freakin central. I just logged into almost *no kidding* 3000 peices of mail...all within a week. >.< the launch at gmail dot com one is kinda lonely...
[Image: visigjune08_v2.jpg]

Fuck you, Photobucket.
Reply
#8
Ive got three emails. One on Hotmail (which I use for usual things), one on Yahoo (which I never check) and one on Gmail (where I get videos, jokes and what not). But currently im having most problems with Hotmail.

Anyway, today I got an email that SEEMED to have been sent by a guy I know. The problem is that this guy would not call me what the email called me in it. It had two links. I just did one thing....pressed Delete.
[Image: amadeus-2.jpg]
Reply
#9
I've been using yahoo for an email thing foreva, ever since AOL screwed me into thinking it was superior and then bastardized me through a series of events based entirely upon internet browsing...

But yeah. I really started using Yahoo only because I began using Firefox. Ever since I've gotten at least one strange piece of mail a month that I delete without asking questions.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)