Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
Yes and no. As many of you probably noticed, there's a nice little "XP: 0" waiting to greet you. For those of you haven't noticed, look a few inches up and to the right. There ya go.
So what does this mean for Chubbs? Not much, just yet. Obviously, XP is a mechanic we'll be introducing to allow for more customizable character development. Unfortunately, we still need to shuffle around the rest of the content to work with XP.
Now that we know we have a working XP system, though, we'll be able to get cranking.
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 0
Threads: 132
Joined: Aug 2006
Sounds interesting
Roster | Character Vault | Last RP
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails
at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Posts: 29
Threads: 303
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 0
Threads: 119
Joined: Jun 2007
You'll be hearing more about this in the next week or so. So, sit tight!
![[Image: 22173.png]](http://internetometer.com/image/22173.png)
Give waffuru an internets today!
![[Image: 1324033725.png]](http://speedtest.net/result/1324033725.png)
Posts: 0
Threads: 11
Joined: Jan 2007
Zumg. Ken I Levl Grind To 99 And Get Ultimate Wpnz
Greg0rz (3:16:14 PM): if you cut Michael Moore, he would bleed cheese and bacon grease?
UltimoDemon (3:16:26 PM): I think that is very likely, yes.
Greg0rz (3:16:34 PM): *scribbles down*
Greg0rz (3:16:45 PM): do you mind if I quote you?
UltimoDemon (3:16:49 PM): Not at all.
Posts: 85
Threads: 174
Joined: Jan 2004
Nut unlesz u fight the secret bossezzs!!111
"I wasted time and now time doth waste me."
"I just made you up to hurt myself, and it worked."
Posts: 0
Threads: 11
Joined: Jan 2007
kk
lfg
lfg
LFG
Greg0rz (3:16:14 PM): if you cut Michael Moore, he would bleed cheese and bacon grease?
UltimoDemon (3:16:26 PM): I think that is very likely, yes.
Greg0rz (3:16:34 PM): *scribbles down*
Greg0rz (3:16:45 PM): do you mind if I quote you?
UltimoDemon (3:16:49 PM): Not at all.
Posts: 20
Threads: 100
Joined: Aug 2004
This is a tragic day. XP has left us for another RPG. ; (
Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
Heh... not quite. Just getting some bugs worked out.
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 85
Threads: 174
Joined: Jan 2004
'Some bugs' can translate to 'it ate the website.' XD XD XD
"I wasted time and now time doth waste me."
"I just made you up to hurt myself, and it worked."
Posts: 0
Threads: 119
Joined: Jun 2007
XP will be awarded to those who post actively. No longer will you receive a weekly training but instead those who are the most active will receive the largest amount of XP.
Tired of staff approval for techniques? Problem solved! Most techniques can be earned by simply posting in a storyline until you reach the required amount of XP.
Status on this project: I'm going to say around 75%, the recent forum downtime forced me to back track a bit with the XP system so it might take a little longer than expected. Overall, I think this will be an exciting change for Chubbs and will reward people for staying active!
Questions and Comments welcome.
![[Image: 22173.png]](http://internetometer.com/image/22173.png)
Give waffuru an internets today!
![[Image: 1324033725.png]](http://speedtest.net/result/1324033725.png)
Posts: 115
Threads: 680
Joined: May 2003
Is this from now on?
How will zeni be distributed?
Posts: 0
Threads: 165
Joined: May 2006
I think he's saying Zeni and TP will still be a factor in stats but XP will be something dedicated towards techniques...
I think.
Posts: 0
Threads: 119
Joined: Jun 2007
Zeni will still be awarded weekly.
XP is going to replace TP to for purchasing stats and it will also allow you to buy techniques.
This system is not yet active. I'll post a forum-wide announcement when it goes live.
![[Image: 22173.png]](http://internetometer.com/image/22173.png)
Give waffuru an internets today!
![[Image: 1324033725.png]](http://speedtest.net/result/1324033725.png)
Posts: 0
Threads: 165
Joined: May 2006
Wow, this is going to be interesting to say the least. *Can't wait*
Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
Was that sarcasm?
You know how the internet can be.
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 85
Threads: 174
Joined: Jan 2004
I think it's a plus. It's a cool way to see active RPers rewarded for their work.
"I wasted time and now time doth waste me."
"I just made you up to hurt myself, and it worked."
Posts: 0
Threads: 165
Joined: May 2006
Raditzu Wrote:Was that sarcasm?
You know how the internet can be.
Not at all, I'm pretty excited at the moment trying to think of how my rps will tie into how much XP I earn, what techniques will I be able to train for and what not.
Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
Excellent.
^_^
Anyway nice to see people excited.
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 0
Threads: 132
Joined: Aug 2006
Alright! This sounds interesting.
Roster | Character Vault | Last RP
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails
at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
-Friedrich Nietzsche