Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Curiousity pays off... usually
#1
It seems that I am in a bit of a pickle. Currently I am stuck IC-wise because the character that my own character relied on is extremely busy at the moment and I can't even get in touch with him communication wise. If this continues, I'd like to know if I could then change character to something more interesting...

... like a complete rip-off from Alex from the upcoming title [Prototype]. However, as he is a shapeshifting DNA-copist(Is that the word?), the way he fights changes constantly. I was thinking that, seeing as it wont have a boost effect until I'll get a transformation on him, it instead could simply re-arrange my stats (not so that my profile updates, but just as a mental thing) so the certain stat would be more effective?

As an example, we have normal form. Alex being nothing more than a human using no special powers. I'm guessing just about all rounder:
  • Strength - 25%
  • Focus - 25%
  • Endurance - 25%
  • Agility - 25%

Then when he goes into Armor form:
  • Strength - 20%
  • Focus - 5%
  • Endurance - 70%
  • Agility - 5%

It would just be something to have in mind. Would this be doable?
Reply
#2
I want to say more, but all I can say is that we have have something concerning "shifting stats" in the near future. It is not completely out of the picture.

I would suggest making a character you can enjoy before arranging stats, and try him out. We do not penalize you too bad for switching, you lose everything except your unspent XP. So you would start fresh with 6.27 XP.

It's up to an admin whether or not that want to tell you more details.
[Image: A18Oct.jpg]
DA08 Winner. "Screw them, this was her show now."
Reply
#3
Hmm, I must admit this change has been some underway for me and that I have thought it over a few times, however it seems that even though it would be very satisfying to play this character (especially when my pre-order of the game arrives), mechanic-wise it wouldn't be that great for me seeing as Alex really doesn't use any attacks other than his body, except some few extreme mutations.

Would it be wise for me to wait for this near future of shifting stats in order to achieve a character that would have techniques that didn't just alter the physical appearance?

Any help is appreciated - I am still trying to get in touch with my friend as well, so it is currently only to sate my curiousity.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)