Posts: 9
Threads: 126
Joined: Jun 2005
I LURVE TIME TRAVEL MOVIES!!! *ahem* Anyway....
I was watching another time travel flick, and it may not be anything close to the Chrono Trigger games or Back To The Future flicks, but I have to say it was still cool.
Basically, there were these people on this time travel safari, checking out the wild life, with dinosaurs and stuff. Anyway this dude ends up killing a butterfly...
And they end up in a future with smart humanoid dinosaurs.
Im not sure how that works, but it did.
So basically if you ever develop the technology to time travel, dont fuck with past. Or you could end up your own grandmother or some crap like that. :]
Quote:Canera411: God is into anime.
darknessreign555: Well, he had to will it for a reason.
darknessreign555: "You know what I need, Archangel?"
darknessreign555: "What's that, sir?"
darknessreign555: "Animated knockers. Get on it."
Posts: 33
Threads: 344
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 66
Threads: 1,078
Joined: Aug 2004
Things go back in time all the time.
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
![[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/hf17/HFSeventeen.jpg)
Posts: 37
Threads: 342
Joined: Feb 2004
I read a short story in English a couple years back.
Exactly the same thing happened. Guys go back and hunt Dinos, but one guy strays from the preapproved path and crunches a butterfly. They go back and, and hear is the major difference, apparently the results of this really important election were altered and this Hitlar like character was voted in. So the leader of the expidition shot the one dude. The story ends.
Point is your movie stole the beginning and made it tens times as cool.
Sinners make the best Saints
![[Image: tobiasyu5.jpg]](http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/5609/tobiasyu5.jpg)
Posts: 0
Threads: 39
Joined: Feb 2006
It sounds like the movie "A sound of thunder"
If I were a creeper I would hide in... your closet. Or under your bed, you know, depending on the weather.
Posts: 85
Threads: 174
Joined: Jan 2004
Actually, the butterfly is basically the stereotypical 'screw up all time' thing.
"I wasted time and now time doth waste me."
"I just made you up to hurt myself, and it worked."
Posts: 66
Threads: 1,078
Joined: Aug 2004
Yes, I'll refer you to The Simpsons.
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
![[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/hf17/HFSeventeen.jpg)
Posts: 9
Threads: 126
Joined: Jun 2005
Quote:Originally posted by Spice
It sounds like the movie "A sound of thunder"
lol, that is the movie. I just forgot the title.
Quote:Canera411: God is into anime.
darknessreign555: Well, he had to will it for a reason.
darknessreign555: "You know what I need, Archangel?"
darknessreign555: "What's that, sir?"
darknessreign555: "Animated knockers. Get on it."
Posts: 66
Threads: 242
Joined: Jan 2006
Quote:Originally posted by TAFKA Android 15
Quote:Originally posted by Spice
It sounds like the movie "A sound of thunder"
lol, that is the movie. I just forgot the title.
The book is better. =P
Fuck you, Photobucket.
Posts: 20
Threads: 100
Joined: Aug 2004
Actually it is belived that in RL time travel is more or less impossible. In his theory of relativity, Einstein stated that time by itself does not exist and that it is difficult, if not impossible, to represent it in a physical form.
Posts: 33
Threads: 344
Joined: Nov 2004
Don't worry, Jackie. I don't think any of us were going to try time travel any time soon. After Napoleon Dynamite's failed venture, I'm rather nervous to try it myself.
Posts: 23
Threads: 148
Joined: Aug 2005
Quote:Originally posted by Krillin
Don't worry, Jackie. I don't think any of us were going to try time travel any time soon. After Napoleon Dynamite's failed venture, I'm rather nervous to try it myself.
Man, that was awesome!
Posts: 66
Threads: 1,078
Joined: Aug 2004
Quote:Originally posted by Jackie Chun
Actually it is belived that in RL time travel is more or less impossible. In his theory of relativity, Einstein stated that time by itself does not exist and that it is difficult, if not impossible, to represent it in a physical form.
Time is as real in his theory as length, width, or breadth are, and I'm sure you will agree that they are apart of the universe. Einstein's theory said that going 'back in time' is perfectly possible. An interpretation of quantum mechanics, the transactional interpretation, require that going back in time be possible. Going back in time is as fake as teleportation.
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
![[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/hf17/HFSeventeen.jpg)
Posts: 66
Threads: 242
Joined: Jan 2006
Quote:Originally posted by HellFighter 17
Quote:Originally posted by Jackie Chun
Actually it is belived that in RL time travel is more or less impossible. In his theory of relativity, Einstein stated that time by itself does not exist and that it is difficult, if not impossible, to represent it in a physical form.
Time is as real in his theory as length, width, or breadth are, and I'm sure you will agree that they are apart of the universe. Einstein's theory said that going 'back in time' is perfectly possible. An interpretation of quantum mechanics, the transactional interpretation, require that going back in time be possible. Going back in time is as fake as teleportation.
The question of this is, can you return to your time? Would you age as you traveled into the future, or would you remain the same? The physical aging of a carbon based beingis mainly caused by nitrogen as it reacts to a biotic cell structure. If a person was to come into a device made for time travel, would that same effect take place?
Fuck you, Photobucket.
Posts: 66
Threads: 1,078
Joined: Aug 2004
I don't think there are really any hypotheses that touch that and that are taken serious. One could interpret the many-world interpretation of quantum mechanics to mean that if one went back int ime they would end up in a 'parallel universe.' If time travel was possible, that is what I would think.
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
![[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/hf17/HFSeventeen.jpg)
|