Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Harvest Moon
#21
Damn! I don't have a Gamecube. Sad
[Image: ZarbonRB.jpg]
Reply
#22
Quote:Originally posted by Goku
I find virtual farming to be a funny concept.
I find virtual you to be a funny concept.
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]
Reply
#23
Quote:Originally posted by Goku
I find virtual farming to be a funny concept.

I think its hilarious.

I think its even funnier, though, that the games have done so well.
[Image: RadOct.jpg]
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Reply
#24
Quote:Originally posted by Zarbon
Damn! I don't have a Gamecube. Sad

Oh geez, I'm sorry. Poor guy, you probably have an Xbox or a PS2 or something. I feel for you, I really do. Sad
[Image: heydudezew6.png]
Reply
#25
There's a version for the PS2. Dont remember what it's called. But it mcant touch 'Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life, or the Gameboy Advance, 'Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town'
[Image: hellfightersigcopy.png]
Reply
#26
Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland, I believe. It apparently stinks, though I've never played it to know for sure.

I don't think I'll ever be getting it.
[Image: heydudezew6.png]
Reply
#27
Dude, you know I'm a HM fanatic. I was f'ing on Pine Valley! XD

Anyways, does this game really have potential? After the N64 version (which was really fun), they cranked out all these others that apparently sucked. I'm a cheap bastard when it comes to buying stuff, and the last game I bought was Star Wars Battlefront 2. If this one really seems like it's gonna be amazing, I'm thinking of going to get it sometime soon.
[Image: Ruhiel.png]
Reply
#28
1. You have to pick between 3 farm lands, each has it's own flaws. The one I picked is good and bad, overall the best choice. The area to plant stuff on is small, but oh well.

The camera view is hard to get used to, but i'm sure 'll manage.

You can move your furniture around, you start with a kitchen.

You can plant trees and other cool stuff, and raise ducks too.

I just started playing, but so far I'm not turned off by it. The time does stop in doors, and you get a bar to see your stamina go down.
[Image: A18Oct.jpg]
DA08 Winner. "Screw them, this was her show now."
Reply
#29
Quote:Originally posted by Krillin
Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland, I believe. It apparently stinks, though I've never played it to know for sure.

I don't think I'll ever be getting it.



Yeah! It sucks! You can't even plant crops. And the main story is one of star wars or something. You have to stop something from destroying the area you're living in. 2/10
[Image: hellfightersigcopy.png]
Reply
#30
I've been reading up on MM, and it looks awesome. Can't wait for it to be released in PAL.
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Reply
#31
Dang it, I'm on the fence. I love HM games, but this one just seems FAR too "kiddy," I'm not sure I'll be able to stomach it or not. I'm leaning towards getting it anyways, but I'm still not entirely sure. A game named "the Magical Melody" is hard to overcome.

So, if anyone has the game, is it worth it to buy?
[Image: Ruhiel.png]
Reply
#32
I don't think it'll be any more 'kiddy' than the other HM games. If anything, from what I've heard, it's far better than the others. Instead of 3 or 5 spouses, there's 20 (10 for each gender, plus an extra 'rival' character that's always the opposite gender of the player and can be married). Instead of being given a plot of land, you get to choose between 3: Oceanside, Riverside, or Town (each with their own advantages and disadvantages). The planting/watering controls have been tightened so that you do it in fixed blocks (unlike AWL, which was haphazard) etc. All the name affects is your embarrassment when buying it.

I have to wait until July to get it, though. =/ Until then I'll have to make do with Friends of Mineral Town.
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Reply
#33
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube...31608.html

A game's title shouldn't be a reason not to get it. =/
[Image: RadOct.jpg]
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Reply
#34
Quote:Originally posted by Raditzu
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube...31608.html

A game's title shouldn't be a reason not to get it. =/

Unless it has the word Brit in it.
Reply
#35
Quote:Originally posted by Burter Jr
Quote:Originally posted by Raditzu
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube...31608.html

A game's title shouldn't be a reason not to get it. =/

Unless it has the word Brit in it.

*Crotch hit*
*Face smash*
*Roundhouse kick*
*Hadoken*
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Reply
#36
A lot of people in this thread need to vote in BB
Reply
#37
It is not kiddy, in my opinion.

The 3 starting areas kind of suck, but the best is riverside for starting. You can buy more land after that, and extra houses. For every heart you get on the mayor you unlock new land to own. I already own my farm and another land down the street where I set up my chicken coop.

You have to unlock things, like to get the blacksmith you have to ship rare ore until he comes. You have to ship 50 cabbage before you can plant strawverries in spring, and they are the BEST for money.

So far it's very similar to FoMt but just a few differences. The whole diffference in soil can get annoying, but I managed to get 3 areas of 8 plots with rich soil on my farm so I'm making good money. I bought the strat guide to help here and there, and it has. Overall I'd give this game a 9/10, I'd give it 10 but I'm not through yet, and the fact that having a tool out makes me walk slow kinda bothers me still. Oh well.

BUY IT.
[Image: A18Oct.jpg]
DA08 Winner. "Screw them, this was her show now."
Reply
#38
Heh heh, you said having your tool out makes you walk slow. =P

I'd love to look into this one, I played the old SNES version and it was awesome. Except that you only had two years and then the game basically ended. That was gay.
[Image: OrionAug11.jpg]
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)