Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Rethinking Fusion
#1
I've been looking at the Fusion ability, and thought it was a little too simple. Right now it's just an ability that allows two people to fuse for an indiscriminate amount of time. I propose we keep the single 'Fusion' ability, but have it work a little differently depending on your character. Here are some ideas, take them as you will.

Fusion Dance (Humans/Changelings/'Aliens'/Saiya-jin): The classic type of fusion, this allows two basic humanoid races to fuse for an IC half-hour, after which there is a one hour 'cooldown' on the ability's use. Fusion multiplier: 2x combined base ki.

Semi-Perma Fusion (Androids, Namekians): This was the fusion used in DBZ by Namekians and Super Android 13 and Super Android 17. It allows two people of the same race to fuse for an unlimited time until either chooses to 'defuse'. It is not as powerful, however, as the volatile energies of the temporary fusion dance. Fusion multiplier: 1.5x combined base ki.

Absorption Fusion (Cell, Buus): This lets the character absorb another player, combining their energies. This lasts until the player is able to escape, from inside or out. Though usually used in force, a player can also consent to let themselves be absorbed and be spat out later. Fusion multiplier: 1x combined base ki.

Cross-Species Fusion (everyone): Though fusion works best when two people have a similar genetic structure, it is entirely possible for different races to fuse. However, due to the instability it will only last 30 IC minutes. Fusion multiplier: 1.5x combined base ki.


I thought there needed to be some limitations and rules on the ability. In addition, this would make it more interesting IMO, without being a little overpowering as it is currently. What do you think?

Oh, and as a bonus, if the staff ever lets you win/buy Potara Earrings...

Potara Fusion (everyone): This lets any two people fuse for an unlimited amount of time. Fusion multiplier: 2x combined base ki.
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Reply
#2
I think the fusion we have now is perfect. Nothing simple about it, considering it's one of the hardest techniques to achieve

In other words, no. Your idea is too complicated.
Reply
#3
I'd never be able to use Fusion, it'd take a long time for any other android/namek to learn it.

How it is now is perfect, no limitations, and like Burter said it's not exactly easy to get.
[Image: A18Oct.jpg]
DA08 Winner. "Screw them, this was her show now."
Reply
#4
Quote:Cross-Species Fusion (everyone): Though fusion works best when two people have a similar genetic structure, it is entirely possible for different races to fuse. However, due to the instability it will only last 30 IC minutes. Fusion multiplier: 1.5x combined base ki.

I decided to make Fusions stronger with a shared race, because according to the description in DBZ, the fusion works better if you are similar physically to the other person.

Like I said, it wouldn't change the actual ability or how its gained, just how it works. Everyone would still just have an ability that said 'Fusion', and could fuse with anyone else that has it. It just adds a bit of diversity to the ability.
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Reply
#5
Again, I think it's unnessecary and complicated. How it is now is perfect. Considering it's so difficult to get, it shouldn't matter what race you are
Reply
#6
That's why I added Potara fusion, which works out a decent fusion regardless of race, as in the show. Obviously this is not the show, but it's based on the show, which is where the idea of fusion comes from. All I'm trying to do is expand upon the ability to make it something more interesting and fun. I was seeing if I could incorporate the demand for all the different types of fusion that people were asking for (Namekian, fusion dance) whilst making it accessible, not too complicated, and balanced. I also decided to lump absorption in here, since it's a 'merging' ability. Evidently it's too complicated, and I accepted that it's not going to be introduced.

I just like to post my ideas here to see if they're worth implementation - my idea of a good idea isn't necessarily everyone else's. Best case scenario, the idea is liked and contributes to the RPG. Worst case scenario, it's not liked and nothing changes. So calm down Nail - it's a suggestion.

Thanks for reading through my idea as a whole, BJ.
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Reply
#7
Yea, no prob. It's not so much it's a bad idea, it's just not nessecary.
Reply
#8
No comments.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)