07-24-2008, 03:49 AM
Wow. So it's generally accepted now that getting into his role as the Joker is what lead him to suicide? I just find that really hard to believe.
|
The Dark Knight.
|
|
07-24-2008, 03:49 AM
Wow. So it's generally accepted now that getting into his role as the Joker is what lead him to suicide? I just find that really hard to believe.
07-24-2008, 03:54 AM
I also meant to add that I don't think that was sole reason, if it was even a major reason at all. I find it hard to believe as well.
But I think the idea is that he was getting no sleep getting into character (it is harder on the mind than people think), and ended up taking a deadly combination of sleeping pills. By accident, apparently. I, HOWEVER, BELIEVE HE WAS MURDERED. By, uh... Courtney Love? Yeah, that should get you guys going. Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
07-24-2008, 04:09 AM
He apparently was a method actor (not hard to believe...those people scare me...) and like stayed in character all the time/always wore the makeup...trust me, getting into a character can be an odd experience...
ifth = I Find That Humorous
07-24-2008, 04:50 AM
apparently his last role also had something to do with it. The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus or sumthin.
^ didn't hear wearing the makeup all the time. apparantly the thing was he was very different in and out of character he scared bale when they first filmed a scene together. [spoiler] interrogation scene [/spoiler]
07-24-2008, 04:59 AM
Damn Courtney Love!
First Kurt Cobain and now this. When will that skank ever stop? Quote:Vad's Whimsical Whimsicalisms: Men. Good stuff there. ![]() Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.
07-24-2008, 05:43 AM
Zangya, I hear they're gonna have someone else complete his role in that movie. Like, he walked into a mirror and ends up Johhny Depp for the rest of the film.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
07-24-2008, 03:33 PM
They cast like three different actors to show different "versions" of his character. It's like these really famous creepy movie/comedy actors.
EDIT: From IMDB. Heath Ledger ... Tony Johnny Depp Colin Farrell Jude Law
07-27-2008, 05:39 AM
Hey, good news...it kicks just as much ass the second time.
ifth = I Find That Humorous
07-27-2008, 06:13 AM
According to Waffuru, it's pretty fantastic the fifth time too.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
07-27-2008, 03:54 PM
Going to see it a third time soon-ish. Maybe a fourth.
07-27-2008, 04:01 PM
I've seen it three times so far.
After the first time around, everything after the boat scene gets boring. ![]() Placed 3rd in Dante's Abyss 08
07-27-2008, 05:04 PM
But the boat scene is a long way in =P
EDIT: Unless you mean the boat with the Russian dancers, in which case, Lao had always been the low point of the movie =P
07-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Quote:Spencer Taylor, a 20 year old from Michigan, was arrested Sunday morning. http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/yea...oker1.html
07-29-2008, 02:39 AM
To state clearly:
I love this movie in an almost sexual way. ![]() Dante's Abyss 2007 Runner-Up
07-29-2008, 02:46 AM
Almost? I fapped it three times the morning after the debut. =(
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
08-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Yeah, so I'm finally going to see the Dark Knight tonight. You can all laugh now, about how incredibly late I am.
![]() Does honesty earn respect or inspire revenge? Is it smarter to attack the strong or annihilate the weak?
08-07-2008, 08:04 PM
I still don't understand how this won't break Titanic's movie record. Was Titanic that big of a deal?
08-07-2008, 08:29 PM
The official word is accidental overdose. It was a mixture of drugs that killed him, not any one.
I see no reason to believe otherwise. |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|