I think this may be a tad late... But 'oh well.
I would like to say that something like this had just happened to one of the Marines stationed here in Okinawa, and I personally hate to have to punish people for stupid things they do.
I would like to compare Dana, to a former member we had who played Yamcha a few years back. The same Yamcha who hacked into the old training system and gave everyone a bjillion points.
Now why do I make this comparison? Well for one they both hacked in useing passwords they should 'not' have had access too. Secondly the former Yamcha wound up joining the Air Force, and came back some time later and was forgiven by staff. Were as this guy has seemingly done good things and is still being denied access.
I am going to have to ask everyone if what he did really warrants a perminant Ban? People DO change. I for one used to be a very very insulant person, who now looking back at some old posts on this RpG and others would love to smack the hell out of myself. I have grown over time, and some of the stuff I might have done out of anger back then... I would not do now simply out of maturity and class.
Now I used myself as an example because I once was banend for doing something I wasn't proud of. In order to validate how strongly I belive this 'Dana' should be forgiven I'll throw it out there. I once used my friend Jackie's Fan Fictions here on Chubbs and said they were my own... now granted she knew and said it was cool for me to take off on it on my own here... it wasn't right. When some Staff found out they asked me... and being the 'slick 14 year old haxor' that I was. *rolls eyes* I lied.
Now, I would like to think it was at this time that I had a very very important conversation w/ Rad. It went a little something like this...
Nezumi16: Ok now I need to to be very very honest and think about what you say...
ME: Okay
Nezumi16: Did you write those RP's?
Me: ... No
Nezumi16: *Smack*
Me: *Un-newbed*
Ok those were not the official chat logs but you get the idea right? I later found out some 'friends' I had on staff had gone to bat for me and I had not only discredited myself but I let them down.
That was probly the lowest I ever felt up untilt hat point, and I was sincerly sorry. Later I asked if it would be ok for me to come back... and if not for the pull of Mario, Becca, and Dave *Koola at the time* I might not have been allowed back. But they saw fit to give me a second chance.
Since then, I have tried to remember that it's not always about judging people based on what they've done. I mean come on people some of us have played this game since we were in midde school or our freshman year of HS. Those of us who are now graduated, in college, military, or the work force... we know how much people change over those four years, over the course of a summer... whatever it may be.
Now I would really like to ask the members, and the staff again... Instead of flexing your staff muscles, because we all know you HAVE the power to ban him and keep him from being a part in our community. Rather I ask again SHOULD you?
Chubbs was my first ever Role Play style RpG, and I haven't been a steady member but I always seem to come back. It's because of the people. The friends, the allies, hell even the enemies sometimes.
I am actually suprised that your being so "No." about this one Rad... Kinda shocking since I always saw you as
'The friendly neighborhood Saiya-jinn'..heh
Anyway, I think that since I was able to recoup, and became a better Role Player/ community member on this site as well as Swords Honor... really I would like to ask if you would give this guy the same chance.
IF IT IS NOT TO LATE I VOTE YES LET HIM BACK IN.
Also... not to throw this out there but... how did he get the passwords anyway? I rememeber back when Yamcha hacked the training system w/ "VJs Mercy" it was because a certain staff mmber posted it in their old domain's documents. So can the term "Keep and honest man honest." Be applied here?