11-06-2008, 09:44 PM
There is a definite problem with benefits in the UK. The thing is, if you take away benefits because some people abuse it, you then fuck over the people that are genuinely trying to get back on their feet with the help of benefits. But even as a mostly left-winger, I think we need to be more stringent with them. By all means help those living on the streets, but people who live in relative comfort thanks to benefits and are making no attempt to become self-sufficient need a boot in the ass.
Really I think, hands down, the biggest priority in our current system should be education. You solve that and you solve a hell of a lot of other problems in the long-term, including employability.
Really I think, hands down, the biggest priority in our current system should be education. You solve that and you solve a hell of a lot of other problems in the long-term, including employability.
![[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]](http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3128/superbuuelectricityne4.jpg)
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.

