11-07-2008, 04:11 AM
I'm a conservative. I disagree with President-Elect Obama's policies. But he is now my president, so I will support him in his endeavors.
However, just for the sake of conversation, I'll throw my opinions out there on some things.
Taxes - Personally, I don't want the money I work to earn going to some lazy bum who sits in his box not even making an attempt to clean up his life. Just sayin'. Oh, and the definition of socialism, for all of you claiming that those of us who call Obama a socialist are kooks, is "a theory or system of social organization that advocates the vesting of the ownership and control of the means of production and distribution, of capital, land, etc., in the community as a whole." Basically, people giving up their crap so the government can redistribute it evenly. Sound familiar?
War - The War in Afghanistan is neccesary. We were attacked. We can't just sit back and relax. The war in Iraq, on the other hand, was poorly fought, mishandled, and probably unneccesary. But we're in ther now, so we have to finish what we started.
Healthcare - Socialized healthcare sucks. People will have to wait in line for hours and days. Also, Obama says he'll get us the type of healthcare that government officials get, which is a great plan, except for one loophole: we've got to pay for it. And it's pretty dang expensive. And with the gov't taking our money and handing it out like raffle tickets how are supposed to pay for it?
However, just for the sake of conversation, I'll throw my opinions out there on some things.
Taxes - Personally, I don't want the money I work to earn going to some lazy bum who sits in his box not even making an attempt to clean up his life. Just sayin'. Oh, and the definition of socialism, for all of you claiming that those of us who call Obama a socialist are kooks, is "a theory or system of social organization that advocates the vesting of the ownership and control of the means of production and distribution, of capital, land, etc., in the community as a whole." Basically, people giving up their crap so the government can redistribute it evenly. Sound familiar?
War - The War in Afghanistan is neccesary. We were attacked. We can't just sit back and relax. The war in Iraq, on the other hand, was poorly fought, mishandled, and probably unneccesary. But we're in ther now, so we have to finish what we started.
Healthcare - Socialized healthcare sucks. People will have to wait in line for hours and days. Also, Obama says he'll get us the type of healthcare that government officials get, which is a great plan, except for one loophole: we've got to pay for it. And it's pretty dang expensive. And with the gov't taking our money and handing it out like raffle tickets how are supposed to pay for it?

