04-24-2009, 12:30 PM
I like the idea of having "trainer NPCs" but I don't think it should so much of a 'bracket' system where you graduate from one to another, because that's going to create this awkward linear progression as everybody just sort of bogs through each trainer.
I think a more interesting route might be to have 'prerequisites' for each trainer, CA based or otherwise. You have to have a certain ability, alignment or style in order to be trained be a trainer person, or even have been a part of a certain saga or quest line. I think that would give it a more dynamic and flowing feel than a rigid caste system of going from one to the next depending on your CA (though obviously CA might BE a 'prerequisite').
I think a more interesting route might be to have 'prerequisites' for each trainer, CA based or otherwise. You have to have a certain ability, alignment or style in order to be trained be a trainer person, or even have been a part of a certain saga or quest line. I think that would give it a more dynamic and flowing feel than a rigid caste system of going from one to the next depending on your CA (though obviously CA might BE a 'prerequisite').
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

