07-29-2004, 07:58 PM
It's easy to look at someone's post and say "yeah, that's not very good" or "its nothing but rubbish", but the fact remains that effort and time went into it. We do want as high quality writing as possible, but I would not compare, for example, my highest quality writing to many other people who are at this site. I don't think many people would disagree that "quality" is subjective. The fact of the matter is, if people put forth the effort, and take the time, it will be noticed.
I completely understand what all of you are saying, and I don't think any of you are wrong at all. However, I don't want people to think that I base my decisions about such things on a mere whim. I have been staffing here for quite some time, and base my decisions on what I have expereinced.
Let's take Kid Buu, for example. He's new, wanted a powerup, and went to Namek. I would not call his writing the best, not by a long shot, but that doesn't seem to be the point here. He wrote what he did, and then came to me asking to have it rated. I told him that what he had was not enough, and that he would have to write more in order to get the technique he wanted. He complied willingly and without complaint, and added on in the manner I specified. (Hint: if you want to earn points with the staff, question what they tell you to do, after you do it) I think reviewed what he had written. There's more to take into consideration when handing out a powerup than simply the roleplaying a person does. Consistency of writing is one. Interactions with other members/possible interactions. And, believe it or not, placement on the ki list is also taken into consideration. All those things were weighed and I made, what I thought to be, the fairest decision.
Does everybody like it? No. Did I think everyone was going to like it? No. Am I used to that by now? You better believe it.
Now, Furiza, I pose a question to you: Do you think techs are given out too frequently, or do you just not like that KB got a tech? If its the former, then I would greatly appreciate hearing what other techniques you thought were given out frivolously in your time here. I didn't realize that things were being handed out that easily.
Anyway, I don't think that whole "probation period" thing is such a bad idea, Gohan. It will definetly be taken into consideration. BTW, it's "Tae Kwan Do".
I completely understand what all of you are saying, and I don't think any of you are wrong at all. However, I don't want people to think that I base my decisions about such things on a mere whim. I have been staffing here for quite some time, and base my decisions on what I have expereinced.
Let's take Kid Buu, for example. He's new, wanted a powerup, and went to Namek. I would not call his writing the best, not by a long shot, but that doesn't seem to be the point here. He wrote what he did, and then came to me asking to have it rated. I told him that what he had was not enough, and that he would have to write more in order to get the technique he wanted. He complied willingly and without complaint, and added on in the manner I specified. (Hint: if you want to earn points with the staff, question what they tell you to do, after you do it) I think reviewed what he had written. There's more to take into consideration when handing out a powerup than simply the roleplaying a person does. Consistency of writing is one. Interactions with other members/possible interactions. And, believe it or not, placement on the ki list is also taken into consideration. All those things were weighed and I made, what I thought to be, the fairest decision.
Does everybody like it? No. Did I think everyone was going to like it? No. Am I used to that by now? You better believe it.
Now, Furiza, I pose a question to you: Do you think techs are given out too frequently, or do you just not like that KB got a tech? If its the former, then I would greatly appreciate hearing what other techniques you thought were given out frivolously in your time here. I didn't realize that things were being handed out that easily.
Anyway, I don't think that whole "probation period" thing is such a bad idea, Gohan. It will definetly be taken into consideration. BTW, it's "Tae Kwan Do".
![[Image: Kaden2.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v403/Nezumi16/Sigs/Kaden2.jpg)
"It's on my brain, driving me insane. It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine."

