Zena Wrote:Bil Baer Jaxx Wrote:Zena Wrote:Check the first two ships.
Capsule Zip Ship - 500 zeni - Capsule Corps newest ship, which is shaped like a rocket. This is a fast ship that lets you travel from one planet to another in only two days.
Capsule Ship - 800 zeni - Basically just a bigger version of a Capsule Pod. This ship, however, can carry up to five people at a time. Despite the increased size, this ship still takes two days to move from one planet to the next.
These? Are they permanent?
Geez Jack, pay attention.
Ander Wrote:Capsule Pod - 250 zeni - This the standard, no-frills ship that Capsule Corp is know for. This lets you travel from one planet to another in five days.
Capsule Zip Ship - 500 zeni - Capsule Corps newest ship, which is shaped like a rocket. This is a fast ship that lets you travel from one planet to another in only two days.
These are still too high. If I make 300 zeni per job (which is like, being generous), and plan to travel after every job, I end up with a 50 zeni profit per job. So if I travel to 5 different planets, saying I take a week per job quest, factoring in the 5 day travel time:
*250 total zeni accrued; which can buy me just about nothing
*Over a period of 60 days; 2 months
*25 of those days spent in space, fluid-timing like a fag... that's nearly half of the 60 days
Only a machine can do a job quest a week, firstly. Secondly, if I plan on doing some personal storylines while I'm on a planet, then that's more time spent there and more of an urgency to get somewhere else when I'm done. So that's more time spent on a planet, the same amount of Zeni earned while there, and still an assload of cash to get a change of scenery. This brings up the "you can do any job, some just don't pay as much" angle, which brings me to this:
Rad brought up a good point, ANYTHING can be a job quest. So why not, like, just reward zeni over time, or per roleplay, or something. This is no different than someone making everything they do a job quest, which people will do if these item costs don't go down, or the amount of zeni rewarded doesn't go up.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana

