Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[C&C] Sage
#2
I'll start by saying that Sage getting drunk in FoF3 and gambling in the casino with Sophia is probably my favorite moment in the entire saga. Your writing is mostly spot-on, like I've told you before, and your unique style is something that I can easily recognize. But that's not the kind of stuff that you wanted out of this thread, probably, so I'll skip that jargon.

I greatly enjoy your character. Her bashfulness is almost endearing in a way, and her drug addiction is an interesting twist on the character idea. In particular, though, your insight to her childhood is what I think is fascinating. I always look forward to reading the little flashbacks to her dealings with Zena or her parents, and it's cool how different she was as a child. So it gives me something to look forward to, because while I know that something horrible happened to make her the way she is, I don't know exactly what happened.

However, writing Sage is pretty straightforward once you get used to it. She's incredibly shy and doesn't trust anyone. She also has a strong moral compass, and absolutely refuses to kill anyone or anything. She would also probably feel bad about hurting, like, a squirrel. That's all well and good, and it adds to character depth, but it seems like you play it safe too often.

You're a great storyteller, but it seems like everything in your stories is dynamic except for Sage. This is also the problem I have with shows like Monk, where the antics of the main character defines him and sometimes are greatly enjoyable, but it also becomes easy to predict. In Monk's case, he's an insatiable neat freak and is afraid of any and all germs, so when something happens, I find myself thinking "Uh oh, Monk's not going to like that" and I end up predicting a lot of things that happen. I suppose that I'm just impatient, but nobody expects Monk to be the way he is forever.

However, you've already started to answer that concern by roleplaying with other people. Some people writing a character like yours would just stay in the shell of familiarity, only interacting with familiar characters, but by roleplaying with Vad, you've introduced her to completely different environments. All I can say is keep doing that, because I think it really adds to your character.

All-in-all, you have one of the more interesting characters on the site, and as long as you continue to take risks, that's a trend that's likely to continue.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
[C&C] Sage - by Sage - 08-03-2009, 06:23 PM
[C&C] Sage - by Jesper - 08-03-2009, 08:28 PM
[C&C] Sage - by Cain - 09-06-2009, 04:39 PM
[C&C] Sage - by Kaden - 09-07-2009, 02:28 AM
[C&C] Sage - by Kaden - 09-10-2009, 10:52 PM
[C&C] Sage - by Sage - 09-11-2009, 12:11 AM
[C&C] Sage - by Vad - 09-11-2009, 12:43 AM
[C&C] Sage - by Cain - 10-03-2009, 06:26 PM
[C&C] Sage - by Sage - 12-17-2009, 02:07 AM
[C&C] Sage - by Vad - 12-17-2009, 02:08 AM
[C&C] Sage - by Jesper - 12-17-2009, 03:15 AM
[C&C] Sage - by Sage - 12-27-2009, 07:56 AM
[C&C] Sage - by Ander - 04-25-2010, 07:51 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)