In addition to ASS being awesome, it had the hidden benefit of forcing me to read your writing. Now... that probably sounds a little... weird, or whatever, but oh well. Anyway, as it turns out, I enjoy your writing quite a bit. Your style is generally fairly light and fluid and you do a great job of weaving the serious with the not-so-serious. Those are good things, I believe.
You definitely have the occasional mistake here and there, but it's only distracting insofar that you don't usually make them. All-in-all, though, you get done what needs to get done in a post without too much dawdling around. Which is awesome.
At first, I found Sophia to be a bit schizophrenic as a character. In retrospect, I don't think that was the character's fault so much as the situation's fault. In Serendipity, for example, you have a character coming off of a major crisis getting caught up in what ends up being a not-quite-so-serious series of events. I mean... they were serious in-and-of themselves, but there was a tonal shift there for sure.
The personal RP you had going on after that, again, shifted Sophia into dealing with a completely different situation what with the physical and political aftermath of her temple's attack.
Go from there over to Friend or Foe and... whew. Once again a shift in... pretty much everything. Again we see Sophia (everyone who was in it, really) throwing into a shit storm of a situation where the writer has to get a handle on their character, and fast.
On King Kai's, I think, we finally get a chance to see Sophia as just Sophia. Not a priestess dealing with her temple-mates being killed, or an orphan struggling in the wake of her father's death, or a contestant in a psychotic snuff show, and I enjoy it greatly.
The point I'm trying, laboriously, to get to is that it all paid off in the end. There are definitely shades of consistency throughout all of the different scenarios that Sophia has been through and I think you have a very solid character at the end of it.
EDIT: It was awesome that someone who's posts I had already read asked for C&C, btw.
You definitely have the occasional mistake here and there, but it's only distracting insofar that you don't usually make them. All-in-all, though, you get done what needs to get done in a post without too much dawdling around. Which is awesome.
At first, I found Sophia to be a bit schizophrenic as a character. In retrospect, I don't think that was the character's fault so much as the situation's fault. In Serendipity, for example, you have a character coming off of a major crisis getting caught up in what ends up being a not-quite-so-serious series of events. I mean... they were serious in-and-of themselves, but there was a tonal shift there for sure.
The personal RP you had going on after that, again, shifted Sophia into dealing with a completely different situation what with the physical and political aftermath of her temple's attack.
Go from there over to Friend or Foe and... whew. Once again a shift in... pretty much everything. Again we see Sophia (everyone who was in it, really) throwing into a shit storm of a situation where the writer has to get a handle on their character, and fast.
On King Kai's, I think, we finally get a chance to see Sophia as just Sophia. Not a priestess dealing with her temple-mates being killed, or an orphan struggling in the wake of her father's death, or a contestant in a psychotic snuff show, and I enjoy it greatly.
The point I'm trying, laboriously, to get to is that it all paid off in the end. There are definitely shades of consistency throughout all of the different scenarios that Sophia has been through and I think you have a very solid character at the end of it.
EDIT: It was awesome that someone who's posts I had already read asked for C&C, btw.
![[Image: Kaden2.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v403/Nezumi16/Sigs/Kaden2.jpg)
"It's on my brain, driving me insane. It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine."

