Possibly one of the most epic sequences I've ever had the pleasure of reading:
She totally has it coming, by the way. This is after she threatened to have Richard's girlfriend raped by every single one of the palace guards, put into a prison for three years so the prisoners can rape her, before finally being beheaded and have the head stuck on a pole for everyone to see. She's a very nasty little girl.
Quote:Richard actually felt sorry for the little Princess. The sadness for her came over him in a wave. At that feeling, he was surprised to feel the thing in him that had come awake rise up.
Princess Violet squeezed her eyes shut and stuck her tongue out as far as she could.
It was like a red flag.
The strength of the awakened power flooded through him.
When his boot came up under her jaw he could feel it shatter like a crystal goblet on a stone floor. The impact of the blow lifted the Princess into the air. Her own teeth severed her tongue before they, too, shattered. She landed on her back, a good distance away, trying to scream through the gushing blood.
Denna's eyes snapped to him. For an instance, he saw fear pass across them. Richard had no idea how he was able to do what he had done, why the magic hadn't stopped him, and from the look on Denna's face, he knew he shouldn't have been able to do it.
"I warned her before," Richard said, holding Denna's glare. "Promise made. Promise kept." He smiled.
- pages 667, 668 of Wizard's First Rule
She totally has it coming, by the way. This is after she threatened to have Richard's girlfriend raped by every single one of the palace guards, put into a prison for three years so the prisoners can rape her, before finally being beheaded and have the head stuck on a pole for everyone to see. She's a very nasty little girl.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=So wake me when it's through
I don't want to feel the things that you do
Don't worry, I'll be fine
I just don't want this dream, wake me up inside=_
I don't want to feel the things that you do
Don't worry, I'll be fine
I just don't want this dream, wake me up inside=_

