10-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Ashe Wrote:I can accept that if you haven't read the books. I personally think there are some parts of it that are horrible. Goodkind was removed from the project very early into it and he wants nothing to do with it; they make extreme changes that have no logical point behind them. It got to a point where some episodes were spot on and some literally destroyed the fabric of the book's existence.
To use a Wheel of Time example, imagine if, after Rand was introduced and normal stuff happened a bit, we discover that the entire issue regarding the male side of the Source has been removed, and there are males all over using the power. The entire history regarding why Rand is important, why this point is a big deal, and everything leading to Tarmon Gaidon (or however its spelled) instead just... doesn't.
Then you'll have what the LoS show did to the books. I can (usually) enjoy the show for what it is. But it (after getting deeper into it) very very very rarely actually depicts anything from the books. And I don't mean improved, I mean just throwing out important points.
I plan on getting more books by this guy. I really like his way of breaking things down for those of us without astrophysics degrees and yet still keeping things very well organized paragraph for paragraph.
That's a bit extreme isn't it?
That would be like there being a group of seekers, instead of one. Plus I thought the Sword of Truth was affecting the seeker in the show like it does in the book, with rage and what not.

