Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
'Fighting Style' techniques
#6
Belle Hibiki Wrote:I'm not exactly sure why the other thread was locked, but I guess I'll comment here.

I'm very leery of the idea of having fighting styles being something that you purchase with Techs. Fighting style was, from what I understood, something that you just roleplayed. It also seems like making people 'buy' styles would lead to ridiculous situations like:

Player 1: Buys a tech called Kung Fu for 20xp.

Player 2: Buys a tech called Kung Fu for 40xp, because he wants to kick player 1's ass in a fight.

Player 1: To snub player 2, upgrades his Kung Fu to 100xp.

And so on.

It's also another one of those techs that infringes on the capability of Abilities (specifically MAS) which, IIRC, is something you guys have tried to avoid?

I'm generally leery about completely passive abilities, despite the fact that I have a couple myself. Feral Aura is kind of an activation, but Awareness is constant, though it starts out being worthless and gets better the longer he fights. A fighting style tech is just a flat, no-energy cost increase to your fighting capabilities, which just seems like it would be really abusable.

Thoughts?

Just so you understand, and before more people post. That wasn't the intention, it was more like Ki Control where it was a flat cost regardless of what you called your skill and all it would do is separate those who have mastered martial arts and those who haven't.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Belle Hibiki - 10-12-2009, 03:05 PM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Vad - 10-12-2009, 03:44 PM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Kaden - 10-12-2009, 08:06 PM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Mal Nova - 10-13-2009, 02:15 PM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Belle Hibiki - 10-13-2009, 04:21 PM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Josh - 10-13-2009, 08:57 PM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Belle Hibiki - 10-13-2009, 09:20 PM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Kaden - 10-13-2009, 09:52 PM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Mal Nova - 10-13-2009, 10:40 PM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Josh - 10-14-2009, 02:01 AM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Mal Nova - 10-14-2009, 04:12 AM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Ashe - 10-14-2009, 05:41 AM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Mal Nova - 10-14-2009, 06:39 AM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Shou - 10-18-2009, 05:02 AM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Rafael - 10-18-2009, 05:36 AM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Orion - 10-18-2009, 06:57 AM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Sullivan - 10-18-2009, 03:41 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)