Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
'Fighting Style' techniques
#14
2 Cents. Regardless of if people choose to sink 5 xp (whatever) into fighting style...

Actually, sitting here and putting a tag on a combat style changed this whole response.

So: My Perception

A fighting style buyout waters down the MAS ability... I'll use my PK ability as an example. I've noticed there are techs that cater to psychokinesis (PK) that grant leeway over its entire range of practicality/creatively standard usage (I might end up using PK to bluff superhuman strength, fetch the remote, or rearrange parked cars when I end up looking for fodder).

On the same token if combat styles (which can't only fall under hand-to-hand in a DBZ universe) are available for purchase it should just be bore in mind that they'd still be inferior to
martial arts specialization (MAS).

If I sound like I'm all over the place I'll throw in a cut the s(hi)tuff out section.

ABILITY > TECHS
MAS > ANY CARBON TECHNIQUE

It doesn't take a technique to punch someone in the face and if you have the leverage, timing, accuracy and leaping ability it shouldn't be too hard to kick someone in the face either.

I'm seconding what Retane's saying, just that I understand that people just want the tech sometimes and trying to remind people to respect abilities.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Belle Hibiki - 10-12-2009, 03:05 PM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Vad - 10-12-2009, 03:44 PM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Kaden - 10-12-2009, 08:06 PM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Mal Nova - 10-13-2009, 02:15 PM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Belle Hibiki - 10-13-2009, 04:21 PM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Josh - 10-13-2009, 08:57 PM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Belle Hibiki - 10-13-2009, 09:20 PM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Kaden - 10-13-2009, 09:52 PM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Mal Nova - 10-13-2009, 10:40 PM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Josh - 10-14-2009, 02:01 AM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Mal Nova - 10-14-2009, 04:12 AM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Ashe - 10-14-2009, 05:41 AM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Mal Nova - 10-14-2009, 06:39 AM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Shou - 10-18-2009, 05:02 AM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Rafael - 10-18-2009, 05:36 AM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Orion - 10-18-2009, 06:57 AM
'Fighting Style' techniques - by Sullivan - 10-18-2009, 03:41 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)