10-24-2009, 07:33 AM
Didn't want to post this in Like/Hate because it would probably just get swarmed under. Didn't want to throw this up in RPG Discussion since I'm not sure whether it deserves it's own thread. But I think it needs to be posted.
I just "discovered" this guy today, and I really like him, but this video in particular meant a lot to me, because he discusses a phenomenon that I often find myself suffering from in my writing, and conveys the frustration really well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D8N1_FknXw
Some differences, obviously, but I think the takeaway can be applied to almost any creative pursuit. To those of you that feel like you have to live up to some sort of standard that you've set for yourself and doubt whether you can do as well again: don't let the little hater win! Just keep writing!
I just "discovered" this guy today, and I really like him, but this video in particular meant a lot to me, because he discusses a phenomenon that I often find myself suffering from in my writing, and conveys the frustration really well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D8N1_FknXw
Some differences, obviously, but I think the takeaway can be applied to almost any creative pursuit. To those of you that feel like you have to live up to some sort of standard that you've set for yourself and doubt whether you can do as well again: don't let the little hater win! Just keep writing!
![[Image: Bellesig6-1.jpg]](http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff137/catseye543/Bellesig6-1.jpg)

