02-18-2010, 02:43 AM
Divine Providence: The Molinist Account - Thomas P. Flint
----Not my choosing. Class. Analytic and interesting, but I don't agree with it at all.
The Second Sex - Simone de Beauvoir
----From what I've heard, the landmark feminist text. Should be good. Translated, as I unfortunately don't read French.
The Thief of Time - Terry Pratchett
----My first introduction to Pratchett. I'm loving it. I feel like this influence would have been great while writing Krillin (who I really wish I could bring back).
Philosophers Without Gods - Louise Antony
----A collection of essays regarding atheism, both from a personal and a philosophical worldview, from twenty different leading philosophers. Good stuff. Not very surprising that I'm apparently the first person in my college to borrow it (library).
The Worlds of Logic - Some guy
----Independent study textbook, on the rudiments of formal logic. Awesome stuff.
White Shroud: Poems 1980-1985 - Allen Ginsberg
----Just for interest's sake.
Should be getting a copy of Wheelock's Latin textbook in the next few weeks. I hope to have at least three (perhaps four) items knocked off this list by then.
----Not my choosing. Class. Analytic and interesting, but I don't agree with it at all.
The Second Sex - Simone de Beauvoir
----From what I've heard, the landmark feminist text. Should be good. Translated, as I unfortunately don't read French.
The Thief of Time - Terry Pratchett
----My first introduction to Pratchett. I'm loving it. I feel like this influence would have been great while writing Krillin (who I really wish I could bring back).
Philosophers Without Gods - Louise Antony
----A collection of essays regarding atheism, both from a personal and a philosophical worldview, from twenty different leading philosophers. Good stuff. Not very surprising that I'm apparently the first person in my college to borrow it (library).
The Worlds of Logic - Some guy
----Independent study textbook, on the rudiments of formal logic. Awesome stuff.
White Shroud: Poems 1980-1985 - Allen Ginsberg
----Just for interest's sake.
Should be getting a copy of Wheelock's Latin textbook in the next few weeks. I hope to have at least three (perhaps four) items knocked off this list by then.

