02-26-2010, 06:15 PM
I'm curious, actually: do people think that quality is some kind of bastion of fair judgment?
Although quality is something that is mutable over time (you might write bad on an off day, good when you're on the ball), it's not as if someone who writes on the level of 13 year old fanfiction can suddenly become the next Shakespeare in a saga just because CA is leveled and they try really hard. There's always going to be some people that are just better at writing than you are, and those people also tend to be at the top of competition sagas where CA is discounted, anyway.
Put another way, even if CA was leveled, I wouldn't want to go against Kaden or Sage or Ander because I think they're better writers than I am. Full stop.
I guess it's because people hold Quality to be more "worthy" that it get preferential judgment, but as a judging mechanic, I think it's only fractionally better than just CA because there are rare instances where total newbies can come out of the blue and write like golden Kings. The best way, honestly, is what we usually do anyway: a mix of CA and quality.
Although quality is something that is mutable over time (you might write bad on an off day, good when you're on the ball), it's not as if someone who writes on the level of 13 year old fanfiction can suddenly become the next Shakespeare in a saga just because CA is leveled and they try really hard. There's always going to be some people that are just better at writing than you are, and those people also tend to be at the top of competition sagas where CA is discounted, anyway.
Put another way, even if CA was leveled, I wouldn't want to go against Kaden or Sage or Ander because I think they're better writers than I am. Full stop.
I guess it's because people hold Quality to be more "worthy" that it get preferential judgment, but as a judging mechanic, I think it's only fractionally better than just CA because there are rare instances where total newbies can come out of the blue and write like golden Kings. The best way, honestly, is what we usually do anyway: a mix of CA and quality.
![[Image: Bellesig6-1.jpg]](http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff137/catseye543/Bellesig6-1.jpg)

