Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[C&C] Victoria
#17
Like you said to me, my opinion is basically worthless since you already know that I think you're awesome, but since you graced my thread with your opinion, the least I can do is return the favor.

Have I mentioned, by the way, that I'm glad you've found your muse with this character? Seeing such devotion towards a story and cast of characters is great to see, and it's kind of inspiring in a way. Don't let that get to your head, though. >=/

Juuuust kidding.

The results of your work ought to have made it all worth it, because you have something great going. I don't like gushing over things, but your story is well-crafted and original (which should garner a collective gasp from the typical reader/movie-goer, because new ideas are few and far in between). It's filled with mature themes and dances on this fine line between light-heartedness and a dark storyline that kind of unsettles me at points. The Drug, for instance, kind of creeps me out, and it's the cause of a lot of drama, particularly towards the beginning of your plot on Chubbs.

Your writing has improved steadily since I've began reading your work, and you've become well-rounded in your skills. Grammar and spelling are, for the most part, top-notch because of the amount of work you put in editing. Not a whole lot more to say, really--you could stand to vary your word choice just a little bit, but then again, it's diverse enough as it is. Besides, me saying that is like the pot calling the kettle black. xD

Like I've told you before, I like the characters you've developed, objectively. Subjectively, I hate Jeremy with a passion, and I'm looking forward to him dying some sort of painful death. Nothing more to say here, either. Your cast of characters is great.

Some quick feedback on your last post: ITwas pretty solid, I thought. It utilized a sort of dark humor, which is effective in further explaining the change Victoria has gone through. The end was interesting too, but just because it's telling of space adventures to come.

I'll stop now, you probably don't need me tooting your horn any more than I have.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
[C&C] Victoria - by Victoria - 11-11-2009, 08:30 AM
[C&C] Victoria - by Ashe - 11-11-2009, 04:17 PM
[C&C] Victoria - by Alexander Trafford - 11-11-2009, 06:07 PM
[C&C] Victoria - by Victoria - 11-12-2009, 09:04 AM
[C&C] Victoria - by Alexander Trafford - 11-12-2009, 01:31 PM
[C&C] Victoria - by Vad - 11-12-2009, 04:51 PM
[C&C] Victoria - by Victoria - 02-13-2010, 08:07 AM
[C&C] Victoria - by Cain - 02-18-2010, 11:48 PM
[C&C] Victoria - by Victoria - 02-18-2010, 11:53 PM
[C&C] Victoria - by Cain - 02-25-2010, 03:38 AM
[C&C] Victoria - by Victoria - 02-25-2010, 03:49 AM
[C&C] Victoria - by Cain - 02-26-2010, 12:30 AM
[C&C] Victoria - by Victoria - 03-04-2010, 11:33 AM
[C&C] Victoria - by Vad - 04-22-2010, 09:20 PM
[C&C] Victoria - by Victoria - 04-22-2010, 09:50 PM
[C&C] Victoria - by Victoria - 06-28-2010, 05:35 AM
[C&C] Victoria - by Jesper - 06-28-2010, 06:09 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)