07-03-2010, 07:15 AM
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2010, 07:18 AM by Belle Hibiki.)
Juno Wrote:Uh, for the record, I think it defeats the purpose of creating a character on an RPG to write a story from an NPC perspective. You created one character to write stories of, so why would you create an NPC and then write a story from their point of view? That almost seems like cheating to me, even if your original character is a part of the story.
I'm sorry, but that's fucking stupid.
Shit tons of great writers tell stories from multiple points of view. This is well-fucking-established in writing in general. You can say 'oh we're not writing novels,' but we're still WRITING. We're still developing techniques.
If someone wants to write from a few different perspectives because they think it'll heighten the quality of the story they have in mind, I say great. It's not like it's hurting me.
Now, of course, one should always guard against egregious examples, and prevent people from making NPC stories that have *nothing* to do with their main character *at all* (and are never intended to), but fucking Christ I really hope the day never comes along where we start hamstringing people that much for the sake of such a fucking idiotic rule.
edit: Of course I'm BIASED since I did it rather FREQUENTLY and no one seemed bothered at all.
![[Image: Bellesig6-1.jpg]](http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff137/catseye543/Bellesig6-1.jpg)

