07-07-2010, 11:00 AM
This was a huge thing for me, I never intended to make my story involve NPC's but it did. If I hadn't involved NPC's I would have failed horribly. It can be considered whatever you want, cheating, or otherwise. It's a muse, and I used it.
So I'd have Victoria wandering the desert, and meanwhile her crazy lustful master is freaking out about her. I'm going to tell that story, explain why he loves her, and how her disappearance is affecting him. Her fate is intertwined with these people, the Hunter facility IS her life. How can I write a character and not explain the details? How can I ignore the major plot behind her, as a character? I would be doing my character a disservice, and the readers, if I just ignored everything around her. The story was meant to be read, like it or not, I wrote it to be read.
On that same note...this place is a game, yes, but that only made me have even more muse. I wrote within the rules, I did bounties which ended up making my story more twisted. I spent XP so I could use a certain move. I used what I had, so that I could not abuse my story. I could just write in note pad, make her invincible, but that wouldn't have made it as good. This place is a treasure trove of inspiration. If you don't want to par-take in the experince from all spectrums, then that's your perrogative.
I, also, took offense. I never intended on it at first, but after reaching my word-count goal I realized I had a novel in my hands. I have been told by enough people, too, to make me want to work further on it. So yes, I'll be one of those people who think they're good enough to get published. I've been writing for 11 years, I've been told I have talent, and I have a story that is good enough to rival most of the stuff out there. Chubbs isn't just a game, it's a stepping stone for ambitious writers.
So, yeah, I think that if the thread and story is personal we should be allowed to write from an NPC's view. I have been, and always will be, a fan of omniscient writing. It gives you the story, and plot, in such a way that will keep you enthralled. My threads ARE story's, and they aren't going to stop anytime soon!
The only time I'll ever consider writing in limited form is if it's in the first person, or when I'm with other players. Until then, I'll continued doing what I've been doing. Thus far I've been fine.
I understand you're meaning no offense.
So I'd have Victoria wandering the desert, and meanwhile her crazy lustful master is freaking out about her. I'm going to tell that story, explain why he loves her, and how her disappearance is affecting him. Her fate is intertwined with these people, the Hunter facility IS her life. How can I write a character and not explain the details? How can I ignore the major plot behind her, as a character? I would be doing my character a disservice, and the readers, if I just ignored everything around her. The story was meant to be read, like it or not, I wrote it to be read.
On that same note...this place is a game, yes, but that only made me have even more muse. I wrote within the rules, I did bounties which ended up making my story more twisted. I spent XP so I could use a certain move. I used what I had, so that I could not abuse my story. I could just write in note pad, make her invincible, but that wouldn't have made it as good. This place is a treasure trove of inspiration. If you don't want to par-take in the experince from all spectrums, then that's your perrogative.
I, also, took offense. I never intended on it at first, but after reaching my word-count goal I realized I had a novel in my hands. I have been told by enough people, too, to make me want to work further on it. So yes, I'll be one of those people who think they're good enough to get published. I've been writing for 11 years, I've been told I have talent, and I have a story that is good enough to rival most of the stuff out there. Chubbs isn't just a game, it's a stepping stone for ambitious writers.
So, yeah, I think that if the thread and story is personal we should be allowed to write from an NPC's view. I have been, and always will be, a fan of omniscient writing. It gives you the story, and plot, in such a way that will keep you enthralled. My threads ARE story's, and they aren't going to stop anytime soon!
The only time I'll ever consider writing in limited form is if it's in the first person, or when I'm with other players. Until then, I'll continued doing what I've been doing. Thus far I've been fine.
I understand you're meaning no offense.


![[Image: VictoriaJuly.jpg]](http://rpnexus.com/sig/miscsig/VictoriaJuly.jpg)
![[Image: ManSoldWorld.png]](http://rpnexus.com/sig/UG/ManSoldWorld.png)