12-23-2010, 02:20 AM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I fucking miss rp-ing as Krillin.
Everyone was like 'Oh hey, just make a custom exactly like Krill and you'll be good to go'
But it's not like that at all. Not in the slightest. I miss the way it used to be.
We need a draw. A rp site of pure customs is not a draw. There is no reason whatsoever for people to find us in the google. A rp site of canons from DBZ would be a draw.
I don't roleplay because there isn't anything to fucking do. I can't explain why it feels that way now in terms of before, but everything is just way different. Things don't feel grounded anymore without names like Raditzu or Bardock zipping around. Now I've got this weird-ass 'Psyren' and 'Jonathan Meer' shit going on that doesn't mean anything to me.
To be incredibly unhelpful, if we could somehow zip back to 2005/6, I would be extremely happy. Just the atmosphere. Canons. Quests. Power-ups and techniques that actually felt like a fucking achievement (instead of this RP a bunch of dumbass shit that's useless and hey look at the algorithmic output you get numbers and techs). When I earned (and damn did I ever earn it) Kaioken x20, that was a big fucking deal. It was the stamp of approval on everything I'd written leading up to that point.
I want to write on this site, I really do, but the atmosphere is all wrong. I feel icky looking at my XP. I feel icky looking at what I write, knowing that I'm doing it with the algorithm in mind. I don't even want a Tech and I can't help thinking about the fact that it's quantified and that my character's abilities are quantified, purely on the basis of how much I wrote (and not on the basis of the quality).
All of this said, I hereby commit to at least one post per week of 1000+ words for the month of January.
Everyone was like 'Oh hey, just make a custom exactly like Krill and you'll be good to go'
But it's not like that at all. Not in the slightest. I miss the way it used to be.
We need a draw. A rp site of pure customs is not a draw. There is no reason whatsoever for people to find us in the google. A rp site of canons from DBZ would be a draw.
I don't roleplay because there isn't anything to fucking do. I can't explain why it feels that way now in terms of before, but everything is just way different. Things don't feel grounded anymore without names like Raditzu or Bardock zipping around. Now I've got this weird-ass 'Psyren' and 'Jonathan Meer' shit going on that doesn't mean anything to me.
To be incredibly unhelpful, if we could somehow zip back to 2005/6, I would be extremely happy. Just the atmosphere. Canons. Quests. Power-ups and techniques that actually felt like a fucking achievement (instead of this RP a bunch of dumbass shit that's useless and hey look at the algorithmic output you get numbers and techs). When I earned (and damn did I ever earn it) Kaioken x20, that was a big fucking deal. It was the stamp of approval on everything I'd written leading up to that point.
I want to write on this site, I really do, but the atmosphere is all wrong. I feel icky looking at my XP. I feel icky looking at what I write, knowing that I'm doing it with the algorithm in mind. I don't even want a Tech and I can't help thinking about the fact that it's quantified and that my character's abilities are quantified, purely on the basis of how much I wrote (and not on the basis of the quality).
All of this said, I hereby commit to at least one post per week of 1000+ words for the month of January.

