12-25-2010, 02:21 AM
Here's my two cents, I know I fell inactive too and I actually felt guilty about it. I'll tell how how I felt, why I feel this way, and...yeah.
Before I start: Leotoria is an awesome name for a fusion.
I'm sure 80% of the memberbase knows that I'm Android-18 now. I agree with what some of the others have said, if I could go back to 05/06 I'd be stoked. I loved things then, the atompshere, the storylines. When I gained my powerup in Last Man Standing I was PUMPED. You don't get that anymore. Now we all pair off, or go solo in our own stories that chances are very little people read. I'm alright with that now, but I also agree with that...it feels like something is missing.
When I rejoined as Victoria I stared at the combat list, and then at my character, and I thought to myself, "I'm going to get back to the top again."
So I calculated it, and I plotted it all out, and I wrote. I went from bottom to top in a matter of months. There IS motivation in the CA list, but people can be lazy too. I also got so enthralled by my own story, it was fun, I enjoyed it. But then I hit the top...and I stopped. There was nothing left, was there? I could have gotten dragon balls, powers, but did I want to? I don't even know the whole reason, but I found myself unable to continue.
There are a number of reasons why people don't write. I had a lot of personal issues, and I also found a different outlit for my writing somewhere else. I want to continue my story but I just...always put it off.
I'll tell you this, though, I think it's too easy. I DID do it, I got number one, and that was it. I feel like I played a five-hour video game rather than a 100 hour video game. Yes, I skipped some of the side quests, most people do. Think about adding those in-game achievments, quests, storylines. Chubbs has no storyline, not from what I can see. Where are the bad guys? We have game shows once a year if that. We need a story, maybe, something to hold onto and grasp.
I don't peticularily care about CA. I'll be upset if I lose Vic's powerup (she only uses the first one, anyway) because it's integral to my story. I actually only got it for that...I don't think I'll be fighting other players, or worrying about power. It made me want to write, yes, but what was it good for? That's a good point.
Whatever happens, I'll echo Jonathan Meer and say that from here on, I will try my best to post once a week. It may not be 1000, but it will be something.
BTW, it feels so...robotic, writing by word count. I remember when I never even knew what word count was.
That's it, probably not constructive, but I read it all and I'll support whatever we have to do. Chubbs was my home since 2002, despite what breaks and what arguments I had. I'm here.
Before I start: Leotoria is an awesome name for a fusion.
I'm sure 80% of the memberbase knows that I'm Android-18 now. I agree with what some of the others have said, if I could go back to 05/06 I'd be stoked. I loved things then, the atompshere, the storylines. When I gained my powerup in Last Man Standing I was PUMPED. You don't get that anymore. Now we all pair off, or go solo in our own stories that chances are very little people read. I'm alright with that now, but I also agree with that...it feels like something is missing.
When I rejoined as Victoria I stared at the combat list, and then at my character, and I thought to myself, "I'm going to get back to the top again."
So I calculated it, and I plotted it all out, and I wrote. I went from bottom to top in a matter of months. There IS motivation in the CA list, but people can be lazy too. I also got so enthralled by my own story, it was fun, I enjoyed it. But then I hit the top...and I stopped. There was nothing left, was there? I could have gotten dragon balls, powers, but did I want to? I don't even know the whole reason, but I found myself unable to continue.
There are a number of reasons why people don't write. I had a lot of personal issues, and I also found a different outlit for my writing somewhere else. I want to continue my story but I just...always put it off.
I'll tell you this, though, I think it's too easy. I DID do it, I got number one, and that was it. I feel like I played a five-hour video game rather than a 100 hour video game. Yes, I skipped some of the side quests, most people do. Think about adding those in-game achievments, quests, storylines. Chubbs has no storyline, not from what I can see. Where are the bad guys? We have game shows once a year if that. We need a story, maybe, something to hold onto and grasp.
I don't peticularily care about CA. I'll be upset if I lose Vic's powerup (she only uses the first one, anyway) because it's integral to my story. I actually only got it for that...I don't think I'll be fighting other players, or worrying about power. It made me want to write, yes, but what was it good for? That's a good point.
Whatever happens, I'll echo Jonathan Meer and say that from here on, I will try my best to post once a week. It may not be 1000, but it will be something.
BTW, it feels so...robotic, writing by word count. I remember when I never even knew what word count was.
That's it, probably not constructive, but I read it all and I'll support whatever we have to do. Chubbs was my home since 2002, despite what breaks and what arguments I had. I'm here.


![[Image: VictoriaJuly.jpg]](http://rpnexus.com/sig/miscsig/VictoriaJuly.jpg)
![[Image: ManSoldWorld.png]](http://rpnexus.com/sig/UG/ManSoldWorld.png)