Rem-13 Wrote:I just want to chill and (in times of rare motivation) post a story about some cool idea I had.
I feel the same way. Writing now, is just so much different than when I was younger and roleplaying. It was exciting back in the old days of Chubbs, and it was exciting to see all the interaction and alliances being thrown around. But now, I feel too literally aged to be excited about climbing to the top of the charts in power or conquering the world, while the suggestion is pretty awesome.
I don't know. I'm just rambling now. It just feels like I lost that part in me when I would be excited to keep track of the new posts and read up on everything because I so desperately wanted to, I guess, build my own legacy in the site. Whereas now, I'm more looking to write leisurely and just have fun with it, while receiving feedback from other people and just generally improve my writing skills in an environment I've grown accustomed to liking and being part of.
Trafford mentioned something that connected with me earlier,
Quote:But there just isn't enough new blood out there anymore, there aren't 16 year olds old there who are in love with DBZ and want to write on an online forum about it. Interest has dried up. All we have left is the members that we have, and we have to excite them into writing more. But now we're all older, we have jobs and college and girlfriends and responsibilities and its hard to find the time or the old excitement anymore.
In reference to getting new and active members, I completely agree with Trafford's view point, but I would like to expand on it. There aren't anymore 16 year olds who are in love with DBZ and want to write on an online forum, and even if there were, would we really take them in if they're new to writing? It's not the matter of fanbase and demographics, it's that our demographic as an active Writing/RPing population has been steadily diminishing. With veterans leaving the game because they have other things in life they want to worry about, but not enough new people that are generally and genuinely interested in writing to make up for the deficit.
This trend is exceptionally applicable to Chubbs, because of the fact that we are such an "Elitism" oriented group. Not to mean it in a bad way, but when I first joined Chubbs, it really took me a several times to get through the RP threshold of "satisfactory" to join Chubbs. For a long time in Chubbs, I was damned intimidated to post because I thought I wasn't good enough to compare with everyone else. Eventually I got past it because of the friendly members on here and people guiding me through everything, but it was still scary to post back then. Note that I was really young to RPing and Writing in general when I first joined.
And of course, I'm sure you guys generally don't want to lower the threshold or "dumb things down." But with the diminishing interest in experienced writers, and the general newer writers too damned intimidated by us, I just think the standard of acceptance is high considering the modern demographics of Writing and RPing in general. It is just too hard for us to attract active writers (who are usually just getting into the game and really willing) when we have such a high expectation of where their writing abilities should already be. To sum it up, the only people we accept are people who are already seasoned and not as motivated as say, a newbie would be. So no matter how many more of these seasoned writers we rake in, activity would still be lazy.
ANYWAYS, I'm good with whatever change that's implemented, and I really don't have a stance on whether it's a good move removing CA. Chubbs has been my home, and it will continue to be even if the roleplaying completely depletes, I'll still be here OOC, consistently.
Edit:
Also, I disagree with Jarka's 10 and 11. While community points may be cool, but it shouldn't determine whether or not people can partake in more popular forums. Forums like, The Legendary Aslyum and RPG Discussion. What if there was a large game changing discussion in RPG discussion or a Saga, and people didn't have access to the forum because they lacked community involvement? This forms a catch 22, because who would want to get involved if they don't even know the fucking community? For me at least, it was much more comforting to write here after I've talked to a lot of the people in Chubbs, before I summed up the courage to write when I was relatively new to writing.
I've always thought The Asylum was the best thing about Chubbs, it shows that behind these characters and all the writing are real people who are down to communicate, and it makes what Chubbs is truly attractive to me. A tight-knit community where I could just come here, fool around and laugh. If you took that from me because of Community Points, I wouldn't even bother.
![[Image: Zhu.jpg]](http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee314/Dirtbag_Bucket_2007/Zhu.jpg)

