Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Help the Nova with Grammar
#9
Mal Nova Wrote:OK... I know I get ragged on for my typo's and grammar problems... so lets see if I can work on it a bit yeah?

OK... do I, or don't I capitalize the name of a race?

IE: 'The Namek glared his furious gaze'

Does 'Namek' need to be capitalized? Why or why not?

Depends on how you use it. I don't say 'The Human glared furiously'. I say 'The human glared furiously'. Human in this case is not a proper noun, it's just a regular, plain-old noun. If you're using Namek as a proper noun, as in 'I want to venture to the planet Namek', then, yes, you need to capitalize the word.
[Image: alext.jpg]
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Help the Nova with Grammar - by Mal Nova - 06-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Help the Nova with Grammar - by Jonathan Meer - 06-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Help the Nova with Grammar - by Rose - 06-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Help the Nova with Grammar - by Belle Hibiki - 06-03-2011, 08:19 PM
Help the Nova with Grammar - by Rose - 06-03-2011, 09:19 PM
Help the Nova with Grammar - by Celena - 06-04-2011, 01:40 AM
Help the Nova with Grammar - by Rose - 06-04-2011, 01:59 AM
Help the Nova with Grammar - by Celena - 06-04-2011, 02:55 AM
Help the Nova with Grammar - by Alexander Trafford - 06-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Help the Nova with Grammar - by Mal Nova - 06-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Help the Nova with Grammar - by Rose - 06-04-2011, 11:36 PM
Help the Nova with Grammar - by Mal Nova - 06-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Help the Nova with Grammar - by Mal Nova - 06-20-2011, 02:26 AM
Help the Nova with Grammar - by Victoria - 06-20-2011, 03:21 AM
Help the Nova with Grammar - by Mal Nova - 06-20-2011, 12:08 PM
Help the Nova with Grammar - by Victoria - 06-20-2011, 12:20 PM
Help the Nova with Grammar - by Mal Nova - 06-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Help the Nova with Grammar - by Kayne - 07-26-2011, 01:16 AM
Help the Nova with Grammar - by Victoria - 07-26-2011, 04:43 AM
Help the Nova with Grammar - by Jonathan Meer - 07-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Help the Nova with Grammar - by Kayne - 07-26-2011, 03:01 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)