12-22-2011, 03:55 AM
For me, the only reason I enjoy Bethesda games is the sheer size of the world and amount of stuff there is to do. I've always loved single player games with huge long campaigns (side quests, exploration, etc included).
But in terms of production quality and polish? Yeah Bethesda don't deal with that shit, yo, that's for studios like Valve and Blizzard to worry about.
I'm with Greg though- in as much as I have loved every Bethesda game, I don't think they deserve the GOTY that they always seem to get. Especially in some years when games that I think are far more deserving have been released as well. Having ambition is good and all, but ambition does not a GOTY make. I really just think that the amount of fun people have playing this game is what generates the hype and the big reviews about how awesome it is. Anyone trying to critically review the game though, isn't going to sound as impressed though.
But in terms of production quality and polish? Yeah Bethesda don't deal with that shit, yo, that's for studios like Valve and Blizzard to worry about.
I'm with Greg though- in as much as I have loved every Bethesda game, I don't think they deserve the GOTY that they always seem to get. Especially in some years when games that I think are far more deserving have been released as well. Having ambition is good and all, but ambition does not a GOTY make. I really just think that the amount of fun people have playing this game is what generates the hype and the big reviews about how awesome it is. Anyone trying to critically review the game though, isn't going to sound as impressed though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This lil' thing is thanks to Jarka!

