Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Anyria discussion
#17
Well, in terms of Chubbs in general, I think the writing isn't like it used to be because we all grew up. When we became adults, adult responsibilities took precedence over creative writing. Eventually we got to the point where even if we had time to write, we couldn't work up the motivation. Of course, this is mostly my situation, but I think it applies to most of us here.

I don't think a saga will make or break Anyria. Perhaps a little bit more backstory would help though. I mean, if I wanted an open world to do anything I wanted in, I'd write on my own. Part of writing in a group forum is the world structure. Mainly, the big picture. I picture the RPG like a house. Chubbs was a full-decked out structure, complete with furniture. While that's nice to look at, it restricts what a new occupant might be able to bring in. Anyria, on the other hand, is kind of like looking at an empty plot of land. Maybe with the framework of a home built up. That gives a lot of options to a new occupant, but the work needed to get to that point can be daunting. As well, it's nowhere near as pretty as the fully-decked out home.

I feel like I might have been confusing there. Basically, all I'm saying is the flesh out the world a bit more. Sure, give the writers the ability to make the world their own too. But don't neglect a player's desire for a nice world in which to write.

All of this said, I'll work on something tonight. Course, with my track record, I can't promise anything.
[Image: blue-sig-copy.jpg]
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Anyria discussion - by Tyr - 03-29-2012, 09:18 AM
Anyria discussion - by Undrask - 03-29-2012, 01:52 PM
Anyria discussion - by Belle Hibiki - 03-29-2012, 03:45 PM
Anyria discussion - by Alura - 03-29-2012, 05:29 PM
Anyria discussion - by Blue - 03-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Anyria discussion - by Orion - 03-30-2012, 03:46 AM
Anyria discussion - by Alura - 03-30-2012, 03:58 AM
Anyria discussion - by Tyr - 03-30-2012, 06:34 AM
Anyria discussion - by Orion - 03-30-2012, 07:30 AM
Anyria discussion - by Sage - 03-30-2012, 07:56 AM
Anyria discussion - by Kaden - 03-30-2012, 08:15 AM
Anyria discussion - by Kaden - 03-30-2012, 08:22 AM
Anyria discussion - by Tyr - 03-30-2012, 08:47 AM
Anyria discussion - by Kayne - 03-30-2012, 08:48 AM
Anyria discussion - by Kaden - 03-30-2012, 09:15 AM
Anyria discussion - by Kayne - 03-30-2012, 09:23 AM
Anyria discussion - by Blue - 03-30-2012, 11:21 AM
Anyria discussion - by Alura - 03-30-2012, 03:21 PM
Anyria discussion - by Jonathan Meer - 03-31-2012, 12:48 AM
Anyria discussion - by Alura - 03-31-2012, 01:00 AM
Anyria discussion - by Jonathan Meer - 03-31-2012, 01:30 AM
Anyria discussion - by Kaden - 03-31-2012, 01:59 AM
Anyria discussion - by Alura - 03-31-2012, 06:12 PM
Anyria discussion - by Alexander Trafford - 04-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Anyria discussion - by Undrask - 04-01-2012, 11:02 PM
Anyria discussion - by King B - 04-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Anyria discussion - by Sage - 04-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Anyria discussion - by Kaden - 04-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Anyria discussion - by Jarka - 04-04-2012, 10:29 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)