Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Pokemalfia Day 3
#9
I don't care at the moment about the suspicions placed on me because I have nothing to worry about. They don't hold water, there's nothing but shots in the dark (though understandable ones), and I welcome anyone to try to piece together an argument of why they would place me as any high suspect for being a mafia, if they felt that way. I don't think anyone does, but if they want to risk looking like a mafia themselves by stretching and reaching as far as it would take to do that, then that's fine by me.

I don't mind telling you guys that I'm a Rattata, a town player. At the moment, I prefer to not say what my ability is. Its not terribly useful (though there may be a time - as I said, its rather niche) and if the mafia decides to kill me instead of someone else just in case I have a strong power and might be lying, then its a great buffer for the town to basically protect the true power roles.

Now, on to business.

There were a few things I want to point out regarding the previous day that I found interesting. First let's look at the actual votes placed, and by whom.

---

Day One ended with the following votes. Kayne, Doe, 17, and myself all created a vote of 4 against King B. These were the only votes placed.

To note, of these four votes involving these five people (Kayne, Doe, 17, Ashe, King B), the vote total still finished at exactly 4, the number we'd expect if there were no modifiers in effect.

To also note, we needed 6 votes to create a majority and lynch someone. All four of those votes happened after midnight, within 8 hours of the round ending. Six other people chose not to vote at all.

---

Day Two ended with the following votes. Rose, Maruset, 17, and Kayne all voted for King B, finishing at 4 votes. Ashe voted for Ashe, creating 1 vote. King B voted for Android 17, ending with a curious 0 vote.

---

Android 17 used a phrase that included the word "Ghost" in it. I normally wouldn't care, but this is a game where "catch words" can be used as a trigger for an evolution. Its quite an unusual phrase at best and "ghost" is a Pokèmon type. I don't know yet if this had any actual effect, but 30 minutes later, someone as Tentacool evolved into Tentacruel.

Honestly, I don't see what the word "ghost" would have to do with said jellyfish in any way. But something happened that activated this evolution and the person had to decide then and there whether to allow it or to "press B". They chose to allow it.

I want to offer a speculation that I just considered, actually. We know that Android 17 ended the day with a vote of 0, despite King B voting for him. It may be possible that he is Tenta and as Tentacool, he could reduce votes against him by one. I see that this evolution occurred immediately following his first post of this phase, so whatever happened should have occurred within the first four posts of that thread.

Is he a mafia that triggered his evolution to Tentacruel if he killed someone? I can't say, I mean, someone died Day One and Tentacool didn't evolve. What specially happened? Was that anything that involved Android 17 at all or is that just completely circumstantial? I really don't know, but I wanted to post my thoughts.

---

Here is something that I do know and will put this information on the table to let you guys contemplate. I apologize now if this creates any bad blood, but this is a gesture for the other town members here. Rose had a power. All I have been told about it by the official GM note is that he chose to activate it and target me with it. It will allow myself and Rose to communicate outside of the normal forum rules, using things like PMs or Mumble or whatever we want. From what I can tell, its similar to the system that Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee had in Pokèmalfia 1, though its entirely possible that its more like what I did for Mordekaiser with his Ghost in one of my games.

He's the only person I'm allowed to communicate with through this. This link will remain until one of us dies. As best as I can tell, it doesn't have any effect on my town faction so I really can't say if Rose is a mafia member using a power on me or a townie or anything, really. I don't suppose I have any reason to think he's lying about it.

Now here's what I've been told by him regarding it. He says that the ability is called Feint. He says that he is Scyther. He says that the ability required him to immediately choose someone to establish a PM link with at the beginning of the game. I told him that I found that odd, since that power sounds like something that would be quite obviously a Psychic power, someone like an Abra or maybe a Ghost power. I informed him then and there that I was Rattata.

I bring this up without revealing my own ability because mine still has the possibility of being useful. His ability is already used, so it being public really doesn't cause any problem for anyone. We will still be able to communicate between the two of us all we want (though we haven't since Day One). There's no "power play" that will come from it. I still find it odd that its supposedly Scyther that can do this, and have expressed such. I don't know if that's who he is, given that I wasn't told such by Mal.

The reason I'm skeptical is because, if we all remember, last game when he was mafia, he did the exact same thing (or wanted to) by trying to claim that he was Varus with some power that he created. Its quite possible that he's doing the same thing again in hopes of winning an ally.

The cool part is that when I die, either to mafia execution or town lynch, you guys WILL come back to this post and use what I'm telling you.

---

I don't know what my opinion is on the rest of you. Android 17 seems very suspicious given that something reduced a vote against him and he's very aggressively trying to accuse me.

On the flip side, Doe made a wild claim about how he doesn't suspect myself, King B, or Kaden of being mafia. I don't think I quite agree with his reason, and here is why. Just because Kaden and myself withdrew votes against an easy kill does not mean that we couldn't be mafia. I want the town to consider the possibility just for the sake of full disclosure. Its entirely possible that we are both mafia (I'm not, but I'm being hypothetical here) and lead a vote with a valid reason just to distance ourselves from a third mafia and then withdrew votes to save him. Its also possible that we are mafia and withdrew those certain votes against someone we would know is town just to be in good light with the town.

That said, I guess I don't like the logic of either hypothetical. The first scenario doesn't acknowledge that Kayne was who began the vote against King B, and the second is less likely because we could easily have just let him die and still tried to get in good light without being questioned.

Here's the thing though... I can't really say an opinion of Kaden, because I only know and see the same thing you guys do, which apparently is him not posting all that much.

Here's who I find acting a bit odd, actually, so I'll go ahead and make my top three known.

1. Android 17
2. Rose
3. King B

I've stated my concerns about the first two, but here's what I find odd about the third. Its not so much that he's agreeing with 17, who as far as I'm concerned is quite obviously trying to create a "mafia trio" out of myself, Kaden, and Doe on nothing more than Doe's speculation that we aren't. Android 17 keeps pointing out that me, Doe, and Kaden are "buddy buddy" and then King B is jumping on that as well, but they are both completely ignoring that for any times that Doe has stated that he doesn't think me or Kaden (or himself) are mafia, he has also stated that he doesn't think King B is either. Yet this is something that 17 and King B himself are both glossing over while pointing fingers at everyone else on the list that makes a convenient list of three. I find this very suspicious.

Rose doesn't fit any of these thoughts that the other two do. Also, on Day 2, only Rose and 17 voted for King B, while King B voted for 17 himself.

I don't know. This creates some "randomness" and a good split between them. So its entirely possible they aren't in any way related.

Um... This post is massive... Any other thoughts of mine will go into another post, because this is rather a convoluted jumble as is.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by Mal Nova - 06-07-2012, 10:38 PM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by John Doe - 06-08-2012, 01:17 AM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by Android 17 - 06-08-2012, 01:43 AM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by Mal Nova - 06-08-2012, 02:12 AM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by John Doe - 06-08-2012, 02:23 AM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by Android 17 - 06-08-2012, 03:13 AM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by King B - 06-08-2012, 03:19 AM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by Kayne - 06-08-2012, 03:57 AM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by Ashe - 06-08-2012, 04:55 AM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by Kaden - 06-08-2012, 05:05 AM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by Ashe - 06-08-2012, 05:07 AM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by Ashe - 06-08-2012, 05:08 AM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by John Doe - 06-08-2012, 05:25 AM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by Ashe - 06-08-2012, 05:38 AM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by King B - 06-08-2012, 06:43 AM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by Kayne - 06-08-2012, 07:14 AM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by Ashe - 06-08-2012, 07:23 AM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by Kaden - 06-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by Mal Nova - 06-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by John Doe - 06-08-2012, 02:33 PM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by Ashe - 06-08-2012, 05:02 PM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by King B - 06-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by Rose - 06-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by Rose - 06-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by Kayne - 06-09-2012, 01:04 AM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by Kayne - 06-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by Android 17 - 06-09-2012, 09:12 AM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by Kayne - 06-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by Ashe - 06-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by Ashe - 06-09-2012, 11:13 AM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by Mal Nova - 06-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Pokemalfia Day 3 - by Mal Nova - 06-09-2012, 07:07 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)