Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Computer issues
#1
Since I'm not very savvy when it comes to technology, I figure someone else might know what is going on. It's been an issue before, but never this bad. Sometimes when I'm on the internet, all of a sudden everything will stop linking. When I click on links or icons or anything from the menu it won't go to wherever it's supposed to go. Nothing will load, and it'll stick to the page I am most recently at. It'll act like it's going to load and then a few seconds later it will always say "Done" in the little white bar at the bottom, but it's the same page I was already on. When I try to open a new tab, it'll be permanently loading my home page.

But it doesn't just happen to my internet. When it does happen, it happens to my whole computer. No programs will load. If I exit out of Mozilla, I can't get it back. I can't even do a shut down. I have to manually hit the button. My computer's not frozen, because I can move the mouse and open menus, but nothing works. Sometimes if I repair my internet connection it'll help, but not for very long and I have to keep doing it. So I just leave my lappy alone for a day or so and it's fine again.

My first thought is that it's a virus or spyware or whatever. I have Windows XP. I use NOD32, but whenever I do a scan, it says everything is perfectly fine. For a couple of weeks, I would get this little bubble that would appear and say I have an IP conflict with another system, but I didn't really know what to do about it. So I thought maybe someone was piggybacking my system.

I don't know what to do. If someone could help me figure out what my problem is, that'd be great.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=Pass you by, it's all in this life you have
Pass you by, good-bye to you
=_
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Computer issues - by Bardock - 07-02-2007, 02:33 AM
Computer issues - by Kirano - 07-02-2007, 02:48 AM
Computer issues - by Aero - 07-02-2007, 02:53 AM
Computer issues - by Bardock - 07-02-2007, 02:57 AM
Computer issues - by Aero - 07-02-2007, 03:02 AM
Computer issues - by Tobias - 07-02-2007, 09:34 PM
Computer issues - by Aero - 07-02-2007, 09:47 PM
Computer issues - by Kirano - 07-02-2007, 09:53 PM
Computer issues - by Bardock - 07-02-2007, 10:17 PM
Computer issues - by Aero - 07-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Computer issues - by Kirano - 07-03-2007, 12:03 AM
Computer issues - by Bardock - 07-03-2007, 01:10 AM
Computer issues - by Bardock - 07-06-2007, 06:07 AM
Computer issues - by Grandpa Gohan - 07-06-2007, 04:24 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)