Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness?
#34
Murasaki Wrote:Becuase when you work you have something to show for it. You have actual Money. There is a reason to be a workaholic, its so you can get out of debt, or simply so you can fill your life with shit you don't need. I feel I am a workaholic. Over the past 3 weeks I have had 2 days off. I have been sick the last 3 days and I still come into work...why, becuase I need the money.

Wasn't talking about people who go to work because they need money. I wasn't even talking about people who put in a bunch of overtime. I'm talking about people who don't stop working. Its just as unhealthy to only assosciate yourself with your occupation as it is to do so with a make-believe character in a virtual world.

It has nothing to do with whether or not you get something out of it, it has to do with the level upon which you rely on a given activity. Doesn't matter if its a video game, drinking something, smoking something, or working.
[Image: RadOct.jpg]
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Burter - 06-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Burter - 06-22-2007, 10:31 AM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Mowgli - 06-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Burter - 06-22-2007, 10:42 AM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Burter - 06-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Uno - 06-22-2007, 01:55 PM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Bojack - 06-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Burter - 06-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Bojack - 06-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Bojack - 06-22-2007, 11:43 PM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Bojack - 06-29-2007, 03:07 AM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Nori - 06-29-2007, 03:15 AM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Bojack - 06-29-2007, 03:33 AM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Bojack - 06-29-2007, 04:32 AM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Nori - 06-29-2007, 04:42 AM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Bojack - 06-29-2007, 05:26 AM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Bojack - 06-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Raditzu - 06-29-2007, 11:19 PM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Bojack - 06-30-2007, 03:42 PM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Bojack - 06-30-2007, 10:09 PM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Bojack - 07-01-2007, 12:57 AM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Bojack - 07-01-2007, 01:30 AM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Dave - 07-01-2007, 03:29 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)