Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Ground Zero Wrestling
#13
GZW Brutal Holidays!

We only gained one new fan this week, upping us to nineteen. Ah well, guess I can't say I'm too surprised, our huge growing streak had to end at some point.

First out to a churray of boos is Jagged, his skull mask strapped in tight.

Jagged: Go ahead and boo me! See if I can! I've bled for this company. I asked for your support! Your love! Your generocity! But no...you had to fail me. Well I'm done asking for attention! I learned if you want something, you have to grab it yourself. Well god damnit I'm gonna do just that! I'll make you give me attention! Tonight I'm gonna take that world title and you will ALL have to look at me! Ground Zero Wrestling, welcome to my era...Welcome to Hell!

58% is pretty good, welcome to the party Jagged.

Jagged vs Blazing Glory
A 30% crowd reaction for the debut of the new superhero in town. It was basically trial and error against Blazing Glory, who seemed unstoppable. Jagged went off the hot tub, into the fence, he tried it all. It was a record breaking 83% quality match, ending with Jagged hitting a cheap eye poke on Blazing Glory, then hitting the Jagged Edge for the win. A 56% overall. Blazing Glory tried to have a handshake with Jagged, but it was refused.

King Trash came out next, to plenty of cheers.

King Trash: You know what I hate? People who think they're better then us. People who live in houses and look down on us on the street. They think we don't notice but we see everything. You think I'm sad about how I live? Hell no! I'm damn proud to be street trash! Now this new guy...Ian Knox. He's one of those high class rich kids. What do you all say tonight I pound this kid's head in?!

A good response, but something isn't clicking. Only a 50%, but that's too bad.

King Trash vs Ian Knox
A 33% crowd reaction and a great 71% match quality. Ian Knox is pretty much thrown around by King Trash. Trash bends the rules a number of times by sending Knox into the house wall, and into the tree. Finally at threat of DQ, he settles for the mat where he hits a Trash Drop with little struggle. A 52% match-up showing Knox knows how to put a good match on, even when he's pretending to suck.

Out next is Masked Power, accompanied by the sexy Christina.

Christina: Tonight, compadre's, the score will be settled. Hardcore Ninja put in his place. We have been harassed and cheated by this wanna-be martial artist long enough! I personally promise everyone here that nobody has to worry about that midget any longer!
Masked Power: Enough of this talk! Ninja, come on, I've waited long enough!

Masked Power vs Hardcore Ninja
The duo put on a solid and enjoyable 69% bout, going up and down the backyard. However, the crowd seemed to choose this match to go in and out of the backyard, giving us only a 13% match. I think Masked Power might have some effect on it, as this happened once before. Either way, Hardcore Ninja kept in the air as much as possible, his speed easily defeating the power that the monster mexican tried to put out. Things changed when Power finally caught Ninja in a powerslam, but it only scored a two. The ending dragged a bit, but Hardcore Ninja planted a legdrop on Power to score the win!

After the match, Christina tried to end Ninja's momentum herself, but ended up on the receiving end of a DDT. Only a 41% match thanks to the crowd being busy bees.

The main event was drawing near, and to hype it was Vanessa and Kory Williams.

Vanessa: Howdy y'all! I know why you all came here tonight! You didn't come for no masked fat guys! Uh uh! You didn't come to see a guy with a skull on the outside of his head! I know you ain't here for that wanna-be diva Christna! No way, you're ALL here to see Kory Williams take home the GZW World Championship! YEA! Jeff Flame, baby, you made a hell of a mistake in letting Kory into the match. Think you can hack it?! Come and try, baby!

Vanessa always delivers the goods. 66%.

Silly Stevie? vs Kory Williams vs Jagged vs Jeff Flame, Hardcore Match for the GZW Championship!

The clash between four of the most talented wrestlers scored a 45% crowd reaction, lowered by Jagged still being low in overness. The match was definetly hyped up right, a 72% match quality the whole way through. Towards the start it was Stevie and Kory paired off against Jagged and Flame. Jagged switched things up by hitting a front press off a lawn chair onto Stevie and Jeff Flame both. The World Champ moved on to take beatings from Kory Williams while Jagged and Jeff Flame swapped off technical moves. Jeff Flame broke the weapons out and took control with a baseball bat, hitting all three one by one. Jagged speared Flame as he was distracted by Stevie's recovering body. The World Champion stood up only to be knocked back down with a bat by Kory. Williams set up and successfully hit the Pumphandle Slam! Kory Williams pinned and the champion, and it's done! The world champion is eliminated FIRST!

Williams got right back into the fray by double clothlining Jagged and Flame. Vanessa cheered him on as Mark Tegland on announcing informed everyone that no matter what, a new champ would be crowned! Kory Williams lost his momentum after Jagged and Flame double teamed him into a tree, and then left him motionless on the mat. As Jagged went to demolish the young black man, Flame turned on him and dropkicking him in the back! A recovering Kory Williams caught and rolled up Jagged, and eliminated him!

Vanessa started a 'Kory' chant, which I joined in as well. Williams ducked a baseball swing, but got hit with the second. When he got up, it was obvious that he was bleeding (we started using blades, no more real blood). Several close pinfalls on Williams, but he kept getting up. He may not have been good on the mic but I was happy to see that he made up for it in the ring. In the end though, there was no dramatic reversal that gave Williams the win. Flame continued to wear down the young man, and then blasted with the powerbomb. 1-2-3, Jeff Flame had finally gained the GZW World Championship in a 57%, just one point shy of winning the best match yet!

The match was great, the event was great, and it definetly earned the right to be the card of the year. 55% baby, yes!

After the card, I came out to present the yearly awards. I didn't make it out to be anything big, but I figured this was our first end-year, we had to make it good.

Wrestler of the year
2005- Silly Stevie.

Match of the year
2005- Jeff Flame wins the GZW Title in an eliminations match against Silly Stevie, Jagged, and Kory Williams at Brutal Holidays

Promo of the year
2005- Jagged demands attention at Brutal Holidays

Event of the year
2005- Brutal Holidays

Worst Wrestler of the year
2005- Tidal Wave

Worst Match of the year
2005- Christina vs Vanessa at Backyard Brawl

Unfortunetly, no one made the Top 100 Worker List of 2005, but fear not, because 2006 is a whole new year!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Ground Zero Wrestling - by Alura - 08-14-2005, 11:52 PM
Ground Zero Wrestling - by Alura - 08-14-2005, 11:52 PM
Ground Zero Wrestling - by Abel - 08-15-2005, 12:17 AM
Ground Zero Wrestling - by Alura - 08-15-2005, 12:40 AM
Ground Zero Wrestling - by Old Dave - 08-15-2005, 12:42 AM
Ground Zero Wrestling - by Alura - 08-15-2005, 01:10 AM
Ground Zero Wrestling - by Alura - 08-15-2005, 02:51 AM
Ground Zero Wrestling - by Rem-13 - 08-15-2005, 04:24 AM
Ground Zero Wrestling - by Alura - 08-15-2005, 11:15 AM
Ground Zero Wrestling - by Rem-13 - 08-15-2005, 05:13 PM
Ground Zero Wrestling - by Alura - 08-15-2005, 08:22 PM
Ground Zero Wrestling - by Alura - 08-15-2005, 08:49 PM
Ground Zero Wrestling - by Alura - 08-16-2005, 02:13 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)