10-25-2005, 05:33 PM
I'll probably end up reading all of the Harry Potters (I've only read the first one as of now), but I certainly don't think JK Rowling deserves even 10% of the publicity she's getting. She isn't that great of an author. The characters are pretty flat, though the stories are somewhat decent.
This is just a case of a woman happening to cash in on what American and British kids are interested in. They like the idea of witchcraft and control. This caters to that. It really doesn't have anything to do with a particular writing strength she has.
Honestly? I know a few people here on Chubbs that are better.
This is just a case of a woman happening to cash in on what American and British kids are interested in. They like the idea of witchcraft and control. This caters to that. It really doesn't have anything to do with a particular writing strength she has.
Honestly? I know a few people here on Chubbs that are better.

