10-27-2005, 07:15 PM
Quote:Originally posted by Bido
NOTE TO RAD: Where you talking about Koola's post from an essay point or what? I couldnt tell because hes saying 'we have to do something', which is an attempt at spreading an idea. If you are contesting that him 'pointing the finger' and not 'doing anything' is whats gong on, then you shouldnt. By him posting this, hes already taking a step that most people never have.
The only thing I was doing was playing Devil's Advocate. Koola made some good points, but could have made them better. He let some writting choices obscure what he was trying to get at.
In all honesty, I don't really give a rat's ass about any of this, but I think Koola should at least be willing to go through and provide more than an essay before he tells everyone else that they're the cause of poverty and AIDS. Look at those Red Cross commercials you see on TV. They say the same thing (more or less, bear with me) and then provide you with contact information if you want to give money. What Koola's done is little more than use the shock value of some statistics to raise alarm about something.
I don't really see this as much of a step at all. I could post that I wanted to go to the moon and, by your logic, I'd be one step closer to having done it because I posted it. I pointed out that people feel attacked because that gets them to undermine Koola's points and logic with flimsy rationalization and keep them from seeing what his post is really about. Its not something that should be dismissed with a "pft" and a wave of the hand.
![[Image: RadOct.jpg]](http://frozendust.com/sig/raditzu/RadOct.jpg)
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"

