10-27-2005, 07:27 PM
Quote:Originally posted by Raditzu
I wasn't talking to anyone in particular with my post, I was simply stating a generaliztion. Personally, I don't really care, myself. Call me cold, or black-hearted, or a flat our asshole, doesn't change how I feel.
I'm kind of with Raddy on this one.
In all honesty, why do we need AIDS reseach? Because people don't take the nessassary precautions, meaning, that they dug their own grave. Do I believe that AIDs reseach is a good thing, yes, for those born with it or raped, or any other unforunate accidents, it's a good thing, but to treat those that have free range sex, no. It's stupid, if they don't care about their bodies then, why do we have to pay for it now?
Quote:Originally posted by Minoshia
May i stress main attention, mankind can focus on more then two, or three, damned things at once. We can throw a shitload of money, (or you seem to think none at all would be a better approac) at the Avian Flu and develop a cure quickly, and save millions of lives. But why can't we also put money into helping fight Aids. 40 million people, the maximum that died in 1918 influenza, have it today. (as Koola stated) but the total deaths related to and directly caused by HIV/AIDS are uncountable. Way more then anyone has predicted for the Avian Flu. To say that we should not put funding into finding a cure for HIV/AIDS, is downright ignorant and stubborn. You are completely looking over one of the, if not the biggest, killer of mankind in the last 30 years. We need to find a cure for HIV/AIDS as soon as we can.
As for the Avian Flu, I'm totally with Minoshia on that one...more research needs to bound into that one and quickly.

