11-22-2005, 12:29 PM
I think the point of the letter was that, since people are allowed to get offended when people disbelieve the idea of an omnipotent, omniscient benevolent being that lives in the clouds, they should be allowed to get offended when people disbelieve the idea of a flying spaghetti monster. It is, of course, a parody. But it doesn't take a direct approach, as most atheists do when trying to disprove the existence of a Christian God. Instead of trying to disprove the Christian God, it instead tries to prove a different God and gauges the results. So in this case, the controversy doesn't come from the idea of there not being a God, it comes from trying to make Christians believe there could be different God. It's a little smarter than your average skeptic joke.
But I agree with Krillin - I don't want to cause a fuss over my views, or it'll be like that marines topic where my user rating plummeted overnight for being frank
But I agree with Krillin - I don't want to cause a fuss over my views, or it'll be like that marines topic where my user rating plummeted overnight for being frank
![[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]](http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3128/superbuuelectricityne4.jpg)
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.

