11-22-2005, 01:36 PM
I do Theology at my current college. It's a Roman Catholic college (although you don't have to be religious to attend) and it's a compulsory subject. Although, what we do mainly is just about morals and such, we don't actually learn about Religions. When I took up Religious education a few years back I wanted to learn about different religions, but I was disappointed to learn that it was all about Christianity. That, in my opinion, shouldn't be said to cover all of Religious Education.
Theology, to me, is a little boring. It teaches you about things that I think anyone should already know, kind of primary school stuff. For example, we did a lesson on not being judgemental, and for another we meditated... It's alright if you rush through life without stopping for one second to actually think, but personally I spend hours every day contemplating, so none of the stuff is a surprise to me.
The one thing everyone should know when it comes to religions is this: You can never know for sure. Out of all the knowledge in the whole universe, we know a tiny little speck. You don't know everything about Earth, or everything about everyone on Earth, so although you can theorise, you can never know for sure how things are. Everything in your knowledge is a guess. We can make educated guesses, but nothing more. In the grand scheme of things, you might be right and you might be wrong, but anything is at least possible.
My estimation is atheism. But I still accept entirely that I might be wrong.
Theology, to me, is a little boring. It teaches you about things that I think anyone should already know, kind of primary school stuff. For example, we did a lesson on not being judgemental, and for another we meditated... It's alright if you rush through life without stopping for one second to actually think, but personally I spend hours every day contemplating, so none of the stuff is a surprise to me.
The one thing everyone should know when it comes to religions is this: You can never know for sure. Out of all the knowledge in the whole universe, we know a tiny little speck. You don't know everything about Earth, or everything about everyone on Earth, so although you can theorise, you can never know for sure how things are. Everything in your knowledge is a guess. We can make educated guesses, but nothing more. In the grand scheme of things, you might be right and you might be wrong, but anything is at least possible.
My estimation is atheism. But I still accept entirely that I might be wrong.
![[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]](http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3128/superbuuelectricityne4.jpg)
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.

