Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Err...Too much free time?
#36
Quote:Originally posted by Furiza

Naturally. However, it gets a bit tiresome when all you hear from people is,

"I can act how I want. When Jesus said I should be a good person, he didn't mean literally. He meant I can do whatever I like but if I'm sorry things will be alright"

I'm of the strong belief that salvation doesn't work like that.

Oh, of course. That just displays an ignorance of the entire purpose of the Bible. I believe salvation occurs exactly as it was outlined by Paul in Romans 10:9-10.

"9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
(Romans 10:9-10 NIV)"

How could anyone take that as a metaphor? It's blatant, it's non-negotiable, and it's clean-cut. Period.

Quote:I'm not a big fan of the Old Testament, anyway, since the purpose of the New Testament was to take away it's relevance, since it deals with society as we know it "today".

I think both Testaments hold strong value. The Old Testament is actually overflowing with references to Christ through Prophecy, most notably in Psalms and Isaiah. The New Testament is simply the culmination.

Both are inspired. Both are part of the Holy Canon. Both should be equally regarded as valuable.

Though, I must admit, I do enjoy reading the New Testament more.
[Image: heydudezew6.png]
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Err...Too much free time? - by Zarbon - 11-20-2005, 08:16 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Toshiro - 11-20-2005, 08:22 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Kami - 11-20-2005, 08:27 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Zarbon - 11-20-2005, 08:29 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Hellfighter 17 - 11-20-2005, 08:30 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Android 17 - 11-20-2005, 08:33 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Kami - 11-20-2005, 08:34 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Hellfighter 17 - 11-20-2005, 08:35 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Zarbon - 11-21-2005, 03:02 AM
Err...Too much free time? - by Hellfighter 17 - 11-21-2005, 03:06 AM
Err...Too much free time? - by Orion - 11-21-2005, 03:23 AM
Err...Too much free time? - by Bra - 11-21-2005, 06:30 AM
Err...Too much free time? - by Kami - 11-21-2005, 08:40 AM
Err...Too much free time? - by Toshiro - 11-21-2005, 11:55 AM
Err...Too much free time? - by Super Buu - 11-21-2005, 05:51 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Bra - 11-21-2005, 10:04 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Krillin - 11-22-2005, 03:39 AM
Err...Too much free time? - by EADA Jack McCoy - 11-22-2005, 04:26 AM
Err...Too much free time? - by Krillin - 11-22-2005, 12:14 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Super Buu - 11-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Hellfighter 17 - 11-22-2005, 01:03 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Super Buu - 11-22-2005, 01:36 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Old Dave - 11-22-2005, 01:47 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Super Buu - 11-22-2005, 01:47 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Krillin - 11-22-2005, 05:02 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Old Dave - 11-22-2005, 05:11 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Krillin - 11-22-2005, 05:13 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Old Dave - 11-22-2005, 05:15 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Krillin - 11-22-2005, 05:19 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Old Dave - 11-22-2005, 05:20 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Krillin - 11-22-2005, 05:23 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Old Dave - 11-22-2005, 05:25 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Krillin - 11-22-2005, 05:27 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Kami - 11-22-2005, 08:40 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Krillin - 11-23-2005, 04:18 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Krillin - 11-23-2005, 04:38 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Old Dave - 11-23-2005, 05:30 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Hellfighter 17 - 11-23-2005, 07:10 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Krillin - 11-23-2005, 07:26 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Burter Jr - 11-23-2005, 07:31 PM
Err...Too much free time? - by Krillin - 11-23-2005, 07:38 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)