07-10-2006, 05:15 PM
For the sixth dimension, they mentioned quantum physics, but they used teh Copenhagen interpretation, which I have commonly heard referred to as a bad interpretation, but at least they didn't really use it too much.
Although it is correct that string theory (an outdated M-theory) has ten dimesnions, that is kind of a poor way of viewing it. Look up 'Calabi-Yau shapes'; you will find that what that video explained is quite different.
Also, it sounds as though it was using the many-histories interpretation of quantum mechanics, which says that at each moment in time (essentially every Planck second, which is about 10^-43 seconds), our Universe splits off into each choice that it can make. Essentially infinite, but not exactly.
I'll check out the link Waffuru posted now.
EDIT: xD That program that Waffuru posted, I read the book that that is based on a couple of weeks ago.
Although it is correct that string theory (an outdated M-theory) has ten dimesnions, that is kind of a poor way of viewing it. Look up 'Calabi-Yau shapes'; you will find that what that video explained is quite different.
Also, it sounds as though it was using the many-histories interpretation of quantum mechanics, which says that at each moment in time (essentially every Planck second, which is about 10^-43 seconds), our Universe splits off into each choice that it can make. Essentially infinite, but not exactly.
I'll check out the link Waffuru posted now.
EDIT: xD That program that Waffuru posted, I read the book that that is based on a couple of weeks ago.
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
![[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/hf17/HFSeventeen.jpg)
![[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/hf17/HFSeventeen.jpg)

