09-21-2006, 04:13 PM
Quote:Originally posted by Vegeta JrLet's go through them one by one.
Setting #1
You are in charge of your own Saga and near the end you have four players who have participates extremely well in the saga and are all four comparable good roleplayers. After some discussion with the Admins, you are allowed to give out one technique: SSJ2.
Candidate A is in no alliance, has been very active throughout the saga, he's the weakest of the four in Ki and almost everyone hate him IC, from which he gracefully survives every time.
Candidate B is in your alliance, doesnt post as often as A but makes longer roleplays, he is nr 5~10 on the kilist. He's one of the keyplayers in your saga and figured out some of the puzzles you setup in the storyline.
Candidate C is a relative newcomer on the RPG, its her second saga, she earned SSJ in her first. Although all 4 players are comparable good, her roleplays make you itch with the depth of her writing.
Candidate D is in a rival/enemy alliance then you're in and is an old chubbs veteran who's been here for years and doesnt have his SSJ2 equilavent power yet, which is surprising as his roleplays are deffinately one of the best(together with these other three) of the rpg.
Question #1
Who would you give SSJ2? The administrators have given you the full choice of freedom. All four players are the best of the roleplayers in your saga, all around the same roleplaying quality. Although you wouldnt have to give your reasons to the rest of the Staff in this case, ellaborate your decision within your reply. Why do you choose the Candidate that you choose, and also.. Why not the other Candidates?
Candidate A. He could probably use the technique more than the other 3. He's weak, unpopular, and doesn't have anyone to back him up if the stronger members decide to gang up on him. However, in terms of whether he actually deserves it or not, I think this information is irrelevant. His activity is a definite factor into whether or not he gets SSJ2.
Candidate B. In terms of writing, Candidate B seems to be about the same as A, his slightly lower activity compensated for by his longer roleplays. Once again, I believe the information about alliance and powerlevel is irrelevant - if you deserve the tech, you should get it, regardless of other ramifications. The fact that he's stronger than the others shouldn't give him a handicap when it comes to rewards. The information about working out puzzles seems to give him the edge over Candidate A.
Candidate C. The same argument above applies here. It would be a very tempting thing to say she just got a powerup, so she shouldn't get SSJ2 for a while. But if she honestly deserves it, then she should get it. The tidbit about depth of roleplaying here is what really matters - unlike the other factors for the other candidates, it should definitely be taken into account when deciding who gets the reward.
Candidate D. The fact that he's been here for a long time doesn't help him. He stood out in this saga, but not enough to give him an edge over the others. Whereas B solved puzzles, and C did incredibly in-depth writing, D didn't do much to stand out of the four. Being here for a long time shouldn't be grounds for getting the technique over other people that deserve it.
Initially Candidate A struck me as the person who should get the technique. Like I said above, he could use it more than the others, since he's currently quite weak with few in-character allies. I'd be highly tempted to give him the technique on the grounds of him needing it more, but unfortunately for him it doesn't work that way. You cannot give away powerups out of pity. Things like IC relationships and alliances can rapidly change, and shouldn't be factored in to things like rewards. By the logic of giving him SSJ2, if an alliance picked him up the next day, or suddenly he made a bunch of IC friends, he would no longer deserve the technique. It's a pity vote, and it's not substantial enough to earn him a Tier 2 powerup over the other candidates.
My final choice is Candidate C. The tidbit about depth of roleplays is what really tips the scales here. If she did, indeed, have greater depth in her writing than the other candidates, with no 'buts', then she deserves the technique. B was another thought, but I don't think that solving the puzzles matched up to the quality of writing. As a general rule, I tend to rank roleplaying over strategy, though helping move the storyline along is never a bad thing.
I feel it's important to say that, in a real-life situation, this would probably play out a little differently. Since he would likely appreciate a powerup technique more in order to put him on the same level as the other members, Candidate A would probably get SSJ2. However, B, C and D would most likely get other, equally rare techniques along the lines of Healing and Teleportation, just these would be more utility as opposed to pure power. However, in this scenario I'm going to stick with C, for purely logical reasons.
Quote:Originally posted by Vegeta JrIt wouldn?t particularly matter that the person happened to be my friend. In situations like this, nobody is really ?the bad guy?. But rules are rules, and if you screw up, then you have to take the consequences.
Setting #2
You're a moderator. Your best friend on chubbs gets into a fight on the Asylum with a new member. The topic was something silly, and you believe that the new member was pulling hairs and trying to get your friend ticked off. You believe the main cause of the fight was the new member, as although your friend can be irritating to others sometimes, he has never had a fight on the forums before. Before you can take actions, Krillin has locked the thread and gave your friend a major Warning for starting the whole thing.
Question #2
You have a different opinion then Krillin. What do you do?
If I genuinely thought that my friend didn't merit the warning, then I'd talk to Krillin about it. I'd explain my opinion, and if he agreed with me, then I'd get him to nullify the warning. However, if we couldn't work out a resolution, and I still thought that Krillin was seriously wrong, I'd take it to the higher ups (SMs/Admins). In both cases, I would probably be at a disadvantage in terms of bargaining power, since both Krillin and the higher-ups would presumably know I was friends with the person. I'd still argue my case, though, and hopefully they'd see my point.
If they still disagreed, I'd drop it. One mod's word against another is one thing, but if you're the only person that thinks a certain way out of a group of people, then regardless of what you think, you're probably wrong. Such is the evil of human interpretation. Whether the warning was fair or not, it's not worth causing a huge dispute over it. If he truly is an easy-going friend, then it's unlikely he'll get another warning anyway.
In regards to the other member (the one suspected to be pulling hairs), I'd take a good look at what they did as well. Unless they was doing something obviously against the rules, I probably wouldn't warn them, but I would most likely give them a verbal warning, letting them know that if they continue, they'll be warned for real.
![[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]](http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3128/superbuuelectricityne4.jpg)
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.

