09-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Quote:Setting #1Question 1:
You are in charge of your own Saga and near the end you have four players who have participates extremely well in the saga and are all four comparable good roleplayers. After some discussion with the Admins, you are allowed to give out one technique: SSJ2.
Candidate A is in no alliance, has been very active throughout the saga, he's the weakest of the four in Ki and almost everyone hate him IC, from which he gracefully survives every time.
Candidate B is in your alliance, doesnt post as often as A but makes longer roleplays, he is nr 5~10 on the kilist. He's one of the keyplayers in your saga and figured out some of the puzzles you setup in the storyline.
Candidate C is a relative newcomer on the RPG, its her second saga, she earned SSJ in her first. Although all 4 players are comparable good, her roleplays make you itch with the depth of her writing.
Candidate D is in a rival/enemy alliance then you're in and is an old chubbs veteran who's been here for years and doesnt have his SSJ2 equilavent power yet, which is surprising as his roleplays are deffinately one of the best(together with these other three) of the rpg.
Question #1
Who would you give SSJ2? The administrators have given you the full choice of freedom. All four players are the best of the roleplayers in your saga, all around the same roleplaying quality. Although you wouldnt have to give your reasons to the rest of the Staff in this case, ellaborate your decision within your reply. Why do you choose the Candidate that you choose, and also.. Why not the other Candidates?
I would select Candidate A. There were two ways I thought about looking at this, either simply from how they did in this saga, and from how they have done over their entire time at Chubbs. This was actually the difficult part, deciding between whether to decide to give it out based on just the saga, or everything, because that would decide the winner, in my opinion.
In the end, it came down to be between Candidate A and D. I finally decided to judge it solely on the saga, in which case, A was more active and had to overcome more IC difficulties than the D did, due to how many IC enemies he had. If he survived that long, he was certainly doing something right.
The reason I didn't choose Candidate B was very hard to determine. However, I simply didn't think that he had bested Candidate A in his participation in the saga. He may have made some very good, long roleplays, but Candidate A had more obstacles to overcome to make it this far as well, so I gave the more "short-term saga" to A instead of B.
I didn't choose C simply because she hasn't been here very long. She's obviously very talented, and giving her the highest tier there is in her second saga would take away a reward for her to shoot for in the future. If I gave the powerup to her, she would lack a reward/goal to shoot for in the future, and Chubbs might lose her as a member.
And I didn't choose D, simply because I decided to give the powerup out based on how people performed in the saga. A was more active than D, and had the same quality. It's a shame that D still hasn't gotten SSJ2 after all this time, but A simply performed slightly better in this saga than he.
Quote:Setting #2Question 2:
You're a moderator. Your best friend on chubbs gets into a fight on the Asylum with a new member. The topic was something silly, and you believe that the new member was pulling hairs and trying to get your friend ticked off. You believe the main cause of the fight was the new member, as although your friend can be irritating to others sometimes, he has never had a fight on the forums before. Before you can take actions, Krillin has locked the thread and gave your friend a major Warning for starting the whole thing.
Question #2
You have a different opinion then Krillin. What do you do?
I'd get on AIM and message him. That is, assuming you meant it to be Krillin specifically. Because me and Krillin get along pretty well, and could probably sort things out well on AIM. Another staffer I don't know as well, I'd probably PM. Regardless, here's what I'd say, more or less:
"Hey, Krillin, I want to talk to you about that whole situation that just happened on Chubbs there. I don't think that he deserved such a major warning for what he did. Sure, he was at fault for flaming, but look at what was going on there. He was being led into it. He should have kept his cool better, and still deserves to be warned, but not a major one. And for sake of fairness, I honestly think that the other guy was flame-baiting him. It may have seemed kind of pointless, which it was, but he was instigating that to some extent. If it was me, I'd have given them both a minor warning, and ended it there. If you don't agree with me here, that's fine, but can I just hear your reasoning behind it? I might have missed something that you spotted in all this."
Quote:Setting #3Question 3:
Raditzu is on a 4 week vacation. Reijin makes an announcement in the staff forum about a new tech-combi between Pyrokinesis and Healing. (Which he happens to have both.) The new combination technique allows the person using it to have a Burning Aura, enflaming yourself while your body heals up the damage done by your own flames. It effectively is an hour long powerup of x1.5 above your normal powerups, but after the hour your stamina is extremely drained.
Two moderators are against the new combitech. One moderator doesnt care. Two supermods are against it, the third thinks the idea of combitechs is splendid.
Question #3
What do you decide? How do you react after Reijin is stubborn and won't change his idea?
My initial reaction would probably be something like this:
"Woah woah woah! Hold up there partner! The idea behind the tech is a good one, but that sucker is way out of proportion in power. I'd like to see something like this implemented, but that's simply way to overpowered for me to want it to go through right now. I wouldn't have any problem if it didn't power up the user at the same time. Flames that heal the user and damage a foe are perfectly fine, as that's what an obvious combo of Pyrokinesis and Healing could be. However, I just don't see any coherent reason why there should be a power amplificaiton from it, especially of that magnitude. It's 1.5X higher than our regular powerups! I'd be fine if we can just take off the powerup."
And assuming he refuses to change it, here's what I'd do next:
"Come on man. I'm not trying to sound mean here, but the majority is against the move as it stands. Refusing to compromise on something makes it so both sides lose. Let's just talk out how to make this work so it seems fair to everyone, alright? I want to hear your reasoning behind having the powerup combined with the rest of the technique. I'm aware that the user will be severely drained afterwards, but that just doesn't seem to offset the benefits enough. That move is basically turning the user into an fiery, regenerating, invincible behemoth. You can't have all three of those in one move. I'd like to see combinations implemented, but unless you're willing to make the move more fair and compromise, I'm going to go with the majority and shoot it down as well."

