Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[D][U] Hyperton Aftermath
#4
Seventeen let out a silent lamentation as he dwelled upon the events that had transpired. Hyperton Fortress had been lost to the enemy, and as far as the android could tell, everyone he knew and loved was now a distant memory. Their lives had all been snuffed out in the abundant bloodshed, and for one reason or another, Seventeen had been given the gift of life.

Why me? The onyx-haired warrior contemplated, his eyes lost the interwoven strands of fabric that comprised the ceiling of his current habitation?a medical tent. Seventeen could feel the cold steel beneath his bare body, but the pain that ravaged his body served well to mask the icy sensation beneath him. The android let out a sigh as he tried to make himself comfortable upon the metallic gurney, but his efforts were to no avail.

After a few moments, the machine-hybrid capitulated and retired to his observations of the unmoving fabric overhead. To his left, he heard the slight sound of the entrance flap to the tent ruffling as one of the Dante Force?s commanders silently made his way into Seventeen?s dark, silent abode. The android remembered him as one of the two saiya-jins who had attempted to assail him outside the walls of the fortress. Broli, the soldier now standing in the entryway, had been the first of the two commanders to stalk down the cyborg.

Don?t get up,? the monkey-hybrid uttered, pointing at the table that Seventeen was lying on. ?Your spine has been bound to that table. You can?t get up without ripping your own vertebrae from yourself, and your wounds won?t let you get far should you try to escape.?

As if that would honestly stop me... Seventeen pondered as the saiya-jin collected a nearby chair and took a position next to the android?s gurney. The warrior folded his arms over his chest and began to speak with a voice strangely unbefitting of a victorious leader.

?I want you to know that I understand,? Broli uttered, his statement triggering the android to arch his eyebrow slightly. ?I understand why you chose to fight. I understand why your men fought so valiantly to defend the fortress,? the monkey-hybrid looked to the ground and paused as he underwent a moment of silent contemplation. ?What I don?t understand, however, is how you could butcher the villagers of Hyperton, how you could kill your own men?? Seventeen remained silent as he mulled over the saiya-jins words. ?Then again, I suppose I have to question myself as to why I sent my men to be killed as well.?

?Is that all?? The android croaked after a pause?his voice ragged and barely audible. The Commander of the Outcasts turned his attention back to the ceiling as he fought to garner the strength necessary to address Broli. ?While I can never claim to justify why those men and woman lost their lives, I can inform you that I am not the man you should be interrogating about that bomb. That was the work of Super Buu?my best friend in the entire world.

?Like my girlfriend and my other ally, he was unjustly ripped away from me by your armies. I was actually en route to locate him when the bomb exploded, because I figured if he was still alive then he?d do something drastic and insane. Super Buu was just that type of guy,? Seventeen let out a soft cry as a tear fought its way down his bruised countenance. ?That is why I departed the scene of the battle upon your arrival, because I can assure you I am no coward.

?I would have fought you both to the death, but you have to understand that my friends are more important to me than the frivolities of war. I just wanted to see my buddy one last time before the end, and I hope you can see the logic behind my actions. I did not mean to offend your honor or anything like that, Broli. I?m sure you have a friend or two in this world whose safety you?d want to ensure in a time of crisis?

?Nevertheless, I will understand if you kill me, because I did slay one of your lieutenants for personal reasons. Just know that I have nothing left in this world, I am a broken, defeated man. Nothing you say or do to make me feel worse about myself or my actions will work. I accept that I have lost, and I congratulate you and your men on a well-earned victory. Now feel free to do your worst, but I hope you don?t expect me to scream,? Seventeen let out another pained whimper and closed his eyes.
[Image: A17June08.jpg]
Reply


Messages In This Thread
[D][U] Hyperton Aftermath - by Burter - 12-20-2006, 05:29 PM
[D][U] Hyperton Aftermath - by Grandpa Gohan - 12-20-2006, 07:12 PM
[D][U] Hyperton Aftermath - by Broli - 12-20-2006, 07:54 PM
[D][U] Hyperton Aftermath - by Android 17 - 12-20-2006, 08:52 PM
[D][U] Hyperton Aftermath - by Broli - 12-20-2006, 09:46 PM
[D][U] Hyperton Aftermath - by Android 17 - 12-20-2006, 11:00 PM
[D][U] Hyperton Aftermath - by Broli - 12-20-2006, 11:33 PM
[D][U] Hyperton Aftermath - by Vejita I - 12-21-2006, 02:10 PM
[D][U] Hyperton Aftermath - by Aero - 12-22-2006, 12:35 AM
[D][U] Hyperton Aftermath - by Grandpa Gohan - 12-23-2006, 02:33 AM
[D][U] Hyperton Aftermath - by Grandpa Gohan - 12-23-2006, 06:40 AM
[D][U] Hyperton Aftermath - by Reijin - 12-23-2006, 07:33 AM
[D][U] Hyperton Aftermath - by Reijin - 12-23-2006, 07:56 AM
[D][U] Hyperton Aftermath - by Reijin - 12-23-2006, 08:12 AM
[D][U] Hyperton Aftermath - by Vejita I - 12-24-2006, 03:05 PM
[D][U] Hyperton Aftermath - by Nori - 12-24-2006, 07:47 PM
[D][U] Hyperton Aftermath - by Reijin - 12-26-2006, 08:19 PM
[D][U] Hyperton Aftermath - by Nori - 12-28-2006, 03:23 AM
[D][U] Hyperton Aftermath - by Broli - 12-28-2006, 07:59 AM
[D][U] Hyperton Aftermath - by Vejita I - 12-28-2006, 02:05 PM
[D][U] Hyperton Aftermath - by Tobias - 01-03-2007, 03:45 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)